The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Thank you lloyds. I should admit that I have a great subject muse in my wife. She is the competitor second from the right (#17). She has been competing for the past 3 years and really got me into photographing bodybuilding and figure competitors.

Lloyd

She looks great. Good you do it together. I don't know how only one person in a marriage could do it without the support of the other. How'd she do in this competition?

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
She won her height class (tall), masters over 35, and the overall. We are at the Team USA Chapmionships in Teaneck, NJ this weekend where the top competitors can win their pro cards to compete in the IFBB competitions.

BenH

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

More experimenting with the D800 around the yard.

D800, Zeiss 35mm ZF.2 1:2.0

ustein

Contributing Editor

>yes the overcast held all morning and made for some great shooting

Yes, lovely light.

eleanorbrown

Got my D800e replacement for my defective D800e and have been getting to know the camera for a couple of days. This one taken of the Snake River, Colorado using my 35mm 1.4G lens, just a few minutes ago. I'm really enjoying this camera! Eleanor

Shashin

The stars are close to being dots. The streakiness of stars are ?aberations? of whatever type...
Most lenses will not give pin-point stars wide open. A point light source is the best thing to show limitations of a lens. Stopping down two stops or more will tighten up those stars. To stop them from trailing, you will need a shorter exposure or a tracking mount. Tracking will make the ground blur. Welcome to the wonderful fun you can have shooting stars from a rotating platform.

P

photohagen

nice images eleanor!

i too have the same camera/lens combo. imho, a great combo! i hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine. in addition, i feel a sense of freedom being able to go out with a small kit (compared to lugging around my tech cameras and hassy equipment) while still able to create high/gallery quality images.

rh

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Bodie - Church at Night with Star Points

D800 Zeiss ZF.2 25/2 4min @ f/7.1 ISO 100 (Stars ISO 800 1/10s F/4.5)
(and a heck of a lot of light painting & strobes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.