The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Plus one from me. Very nice. I've been watching the Tour d' France. All this makes me want to pack up and head there!
Thanks Lloyd. Avoid going over there now. It usually is packed to the brim this time of the year!!

Take care.

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Went whale watching out of Monterey Bay this weekend hoping to see some Blue Whales which have been sighted recently. Unfortunately we didn't see any Blue Whales but got really close to several Humpbacks.

All shot with D800E + 70-200m VRII with TCII1.4 - though I have the 300m f4, I decided to use this combo for the zoom capability and VR. Optically, I haven't been able to discern much difference between the two.

I shot at 200 ISO in order to keep the shutter speed >1/1500th - that and the VR gave me a decent keeper rate even with 36Mpx :bugeyes:

I also have the TCIII2.0 but did not use it.

Humpback blowholes:

Humpback fluke:

Three Humpbacks lunge feeding - great detail in the mouths on the full-rez version:

Another fluke:

All in all, the camera handled very well - I was right at home with it coming from a D700.

Cheers,

BSEH

Went whale watching out of Monterey Bay this weekend hoping to see some Blue Whales which have been sighted recently. Unfortunately we didn't see any Blue Whales but got really close to several Humpbacks.

Humpback blowholes:
http://mountainjoe.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v52/p26543279-6.jpg[/IMG]

All in all, the camera handled very well - I was right at home with it coming from a D700.

Cheers,
Amazing pictures Joe...:thumbs:

BSEH

I would like to present ROSKIDLE FESTIVAL for you. It is an annual event with approx. 125,000 visitors at the 7-day camp and 4 days of music. It's non-profit and based on 7,000 volunteers. Surplus goes to the culture and music in Denmark and abroad. The festival makes the area to one of the world most densely populated areas in the world - and despite massive drinking, one of the world's low crime areas in terms of inhabitants.

Between the 180 bands this year was Bruce Springsteen, The Cure, The Roots, Bon Iver and ....

All D700 and 105 f/2.8 shot at the Bruce day...

First some food and some to drink..

Then giving back.. some of it

Line up for the pit

And finally

BSEH

Very nice! Great pix. Looks like a blast. That "giving back"photo is too funny. Are the women's facilities equally exposed?

I understand that there is a naked run in conjunction with this event, and that this year an Icelander won it, defeating the 3-time champion. ;)
thanks ..

Yes, a guy from Iceland er new king of the Nude run - unfortunately I was on my volunteer duty while there was Nude Race, so no pictures.

And They try 2 years ago with "open" facilitys for the femal perticpants, but it was a mess.

And any can se who is using the regular toilets

And new facilities for the guys.. looking out over the playground for adults..

JimCollum

Zeiss (Hasselblad) 80mm f2.8

just realized there are very handy square framing lines in the viewfinder (probably looked thru it for a week before I realized it)

visited an old favorite, on a foggy morning

an almost identical capture to the Aptus shot I took there a couple years ago

jduncan

Lake Johnson Remarkables Queenstown, maybe 45 minutes walk from where I live, looking South or S.E. I'm going back to get more along lake looking more to left, East, so from different angle. I could have last night, of moon rising but never been to where I wanted to go during day, and plenty of frost ?ice? sloping ground, no torch...

Took these at most shutter speeds and 1600 3200 and 6400. The 3200 or 6400 are the better pictures.
AF20mm 2.8D, mirror up, ISO 6400, F2.8 10 seconds. Resized only, no adjustments... I really need a better lens... The stars are close to being dots. The streakiness of stars are ?aberations? of whatever type...

ISO 6400 8 seconds

ISO 6400 8 seconds

Some words came to my mind:
Magnificent, beatiful breath taking.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Somerville, Maine
It was a rainy and windy evening.

Nikon D800E with Zeiss 18mm f/3.5

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote