The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSEH

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

After the AF-fine tuning, I had the opportunity, to test the D800 at low light conditions at a small ice revue.
All photos with Nikkor 24-70/2.8 and partially auto-ISO.

Greetings, Jurgen
Looks like it doing an excellent job - but like to se the exif data.

Magic

Thanks, EXIF's are in the pics (e.g. EXIF-viewer) but I can post them later today when I am back from work.

ausemmao

Excellent set. Love that second shot. What's the story there?
On the first Thursday of every month galleries around east London all open late and put on drinks and a bit of food - it lets those who wouldn't be able to visit on a weekday (most galleries close at 5 or 6, most people don't finish work till 5 or 6) get to the galleries. So there's a lot of extra footfall. These people were outside one of the galleries, offering their work for sale.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Horsetail Falls, Columbia River Gorge - Midnight

D800 full spectrum/IR, Nikon 24/2 AIS 5min @ f/8 ISO200

Fredrick

Nice work - really nice - pure Ansel Adam B/W - and Hemsedalen is :cool:
Thanks! To be compared to Ansel Adams is an honour!

Hemsedal is truly nice. I am lucky that my family owns a cabin not far from there. There are some truly great places there which I have yet to explore photographic vise.

A

ashandger

Love the processing. Fredrick, could you please comment on the processing you have used as it reallyworks for this image. Many thanks. Ash

Lloyd

On the first Thursday of every month galleries around east London all open late and put on drinks and a bit of food - it lets those who wouldn't be able to visit on a weekday (most galleries close at 5 or 6, most people don't finish work till 5 or 6) get to the galleries. So there's a lot of extra footfall. These people were outside one of the galleries, offering their work for sale.
Very interesting. Thank for the explanation.

Fredrick

Love the processing. Fredrick, could you please comment on the processing you have used as it reallyworks for this image. Many thanks. Ash
Thanks. Sure, I can tell you a bit. I used LR4 for the raw conversion, my conversion is pretty standard. Highlights to -100 and then I push the point-curve to the left. After I was satisfied with the raw conversion I brought the image into SilverEfex2 and did the Black and White there. I think I used High-structure, harsh and a red filter. I can eloborate more if you PM me

Stunning shot Frederick! :salute:
Thank you very much! :toocool:

Status
Not open for further replies.