The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynelake

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

This was July 15th, Remarkables Queenstown.
ISO 6400 10 seconds and F5.6, Nikon AF 20mm 2.8 D. You can clearly see a difference here in the stars vs my previous post, F2.8 picture. Theres still coma here but is slight, and mostly all gone. Adjusted this slightly for the web...

Magic

Great stuff, Jurgen. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to more. :salute:
Thank you very much. I hope I can contribute some more. The level/quality here is very high and I hope my photos are "worthy" ;)

D

Deleted member 7792

Coast Guard Beach
Cape Cod, MA

Nikon D800E; Nikon 24mm f/1.4G-ED AFS

Best,
Pramote
Pramote,

I'm impressed. ISO 400 and f/22 at 1/8 sec., and an excellent result. I like the compositional choice and the tonal contrast in the sky. Well done, my friend.

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

Night Barn and Orb

D800 Zeiss 21mm 360s @ f/11 ISO 100
Graham,

OK, I'll bite. What's the orb? A UFO? A freaky farm machine? :wtf:

I really like this one because of (or despite) the purple orb. :ROTFL:

Joe

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Graham,

OK, I'll bite. What's the orb? A UFO? A freaky farm machine? :wtf:

I really like this one because of (or despite) the purple orb. :ROTFL:

Joe
At 4am in the morning you're seeing the results of experiments in light painting and in particular a little performance art:
Light Painting Tutorial: Orb Techniques | Light Painting Photography

Btw, it's a single exposure taken in the dark of night with some moonlight assistance. Everything is light painted using either incandescent torch (buildings/grass etc) and LED which works better in bringing out the green of the trees.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Graham, you're making some really exciting, interesting and original work at the moment, kudos!
Thanks Tim, that's very kind of you to say so.

I had a reasonably productive week shooting something 'different' than the normal sunrise/sunset personal cliche's. Hopefully they're interesting and to be honest they're kind of fun to put together.

Here's another example - Olmsted Point Midnight with Yosemite and Half Dome in the background.

D800, Zeiss 25/2, 4 mins @ ISO100 f/7.1 for light painting and 6s @ ISO 800 f/5.6 for the star blend.

Last edited:

Magic

Last year in Chicago, all images taken freehand from the observation desk at the Hancock building with my D700. EXIF's come with the photos.

Greetings, Jurgen

Status
Not open for further replies.