The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Mt.Evans
Idaho Springs, CO
It rained for 4 hours yesterday. My patience paid off at sunset.

Nikon D800E and Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote

eleanorbrown

Nice! One of my favorite places. I have yet to go up there this summer...last summer I sat on the tundra near the summit among a herd of mountain goats and they walked right up to me! Eleanor

Mt.Evans
Idaho Springs, CO
It rained for 4 hours yesterday. My patience paid off at sunset.

Nikon D800E and Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Nice! One of my favorite places. I have yet to go up there this summer...last summer I sat on the tundra near the summit among a herd of mountain goats and they walked right up to me! Eleanor
Thanks Eleanor! It's my favorite place too especially during bad weather.
Mountain goats are our kids' favorite.

Pramote

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Whatever you do, don't forget to change your oil. Our team of assistants is always ready to help ;)

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 100mm and f/4

After the change, you'll be a lot faster :eek:

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 92mm and f/7.1

eleanorbrown

Few more from old South Park City, CO. D800e, 85 1.4G and Zeiss 100 2 makro lenses. Wanted to send some from drive through Wyoming but there is so much haze from wildfires unfortunately....Eleanor

Thorkil

D800, 24-120 at 24, handheld at f8 @1/25th ISO 280, processed in C1:

Splendid Jack.
I can see you were just around the corner at "Roundtower" in inner Copenhagen, build by the king Christian the fouth, in 1642, build to ride up in horse-carriage, he might have been lazy. And splendid wiev over the roofs of inner Copenhagen
thorkil

jerome

Hi guys !

Here my first post with my new D800E. I bought the 85 1.8 G, but maybe, the 85 1.4g is better ?
Anyway, the Lenses "D' are not good for the D800E !

Lyon, France

Jerome

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

Edit: This shot shows why the APS-C format is still an excellent compromise. I would love not to haul 8-12 kilograms of gear around the race track for 10 hours non-stop, and have considered m4/3 for race photography a number of times. But the only telephoto options that will AF with that system will have a maximum f-stop close to 5.6 at the corresponding focal length (150mm) giving me 4 stops more effective DOF (The $3,000 Zuiko 150mm f/2.0 for 4/3 won't AF on m4/3, or at least that was the situation the last time I checked).

Then there's the pan shots with an EVF. Doesn't work too well.

So the Nikon gear will stay for now, and will probably be expanded with the D600, if it exists, giving me even more options. Just bought life time membership at the gym, so I'll survive :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

(...) Just bought life time membership at the gym, so I'll survive :)

You may as well go get the Nikon tattoo while you're at it, Jorgen :lecture:

Just look at this advertising nonsense and you're sold :D

from Nikon Rumors

Still, your Nikon race track pictures are first-rate as usual :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Just look at this advertising nonsense and you're sold :D

from Nikon Rumors

Thanks, Steen.

Having visited the Nikon service centre in Bangkok a few times and seen the girls who work there, I tend to agree with that statement. I consider breaking my Nikon cameras more often to get an excuse to go there... :ROTFL: :loco:

Maybe they have the Nikon tattoo? Should I check??

Thorkil

Thor, very hard to see with all those people up in front (or back), but I guess its a Nissan GT-R:D, splendid car it should be..
Thorkil

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thor, very hard to see with all those people up in front (or back), but I guess its a Nissan GT-R:D, splendid car it should be..
Thorkil
I think you are right. It's a Nissan for certain, and I think the GT-R is the only Skyline that looks like that from the back, but they do make a zillion versions for the Japanese market, so it's difficult to know sometimes. This one is used for drifting competitions. Some people simply have too much money :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.