The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

I pay my models with bread, he was not complaining too much. Came back the next day. LOL

Shot with the 85 Nikon

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Impressed it handled the subtle color of the green sweater. A lot of lenses would have blown that one.

eleanorbrown

Here's one of my first trys at shooting the night sky...this one shot at the Firehole Ranch, west of West Yellowstone, Montana one very dark night. I started out just guessing on settings and this was shot with my D800e with the 14-24 lens at 14mm at f 2.8, wide open, 30 seconds at iso 1000. Eleanor
ps: there is a solid line just to the left center of the Milky Way..since this didn't come across as a dotted line (i.e.: lights on plane) I'm assuming this might be a shooting star. any other ideas??

Y Sol

Nice work Eleanor.
Here's a portrait of my son. D800, 105VR, 400 ISO, F5,6

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Another one from 1800's restored town of South Park City, CO Child's room, shot with the D800e and Zeiss 100 makro f2. eleanor

gandolfi

Subscriber Member

Here's one of my first trys at shooting the night sky...this one shot at the Firehole Ranch, west of West Yellowstone, Montana one very dark night.
ps: there is a solid line just to the left center of the Milky Way..since this didn't come across as a dotted line (i.e.: lights on plane) I'm assuming this might be a shooting star. any other ideas??

Eleanor,

Could be a satellite, tho' doesn't look bright enough for the ISS.

There are sites listing satellite movements. Start with NASA.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Thorkil

Tough situation but look at the colors, pretty dang good.
...and somehow its also rather "roomy", more than the Nikkor glasses I think, and rich/saturated colours too it seems, but not too much, a more harmonic, allthough strong, colourbalance perhaps.
Thorkil

eleanorbrown

Thanks Gondolfi, actually someone on Facebook send me a link to the Satellite schedules. I will have to take a good look at that! eleanor

Here's one of my first trys at shooting the night sky...this one shot at the Firehole Ranch, west of West Yellowstone, Montana one very dark night.

Eleanor,

Could be a satellite, tho' doesn't look bright enough for the ISS.

There are sites listing satellite movements. Start with NASA.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Shashin

Satellites would need to illuminated by the sun and would record in an exposure while your are near dusk or dawn--even if the sky is quite dark. Around midnight, you will not see satellites. Shooting stars change brightness as they burn up leaving a trail with thinning ends and a brighter/fatter center.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Nikon D800E with Nikon 70-100mm f/2.8 VRII
8 pictures stitching ~ 900mp JPEG file.

Status
Not open for further replies.