The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Tom thanks for the suggestion and link. Actually on another of my shots taken in Colorado there were several of these streaks in the same photo. I don't think they were planes because I could see the blinking lights of the planes with my naked eye. The streakes in the actual image were quite dim. Eleanor

Lovely image Eleanor. I believe a shooting star would have produced a much longer streak in 30s, after all they last only a moment. You may have caught the International Space Station whose orbit passes over MT . You can check a NASA site:

Human Space Flight (HSF) - Realtime Data

Tom

waynelake

The ISS is very bright. Bright as one of the brightest stars in the sky. I think its a meteor.

Tom thanks for the suggestion and link. Actually on another of my shots taken in Colorado there were several of these streaks in the same photo. I don't think they were planes because I could see the blinking lights of the planes with my naked eye. The streakes in the actual image were quite dim. Eleanor

Pingang

shot with D800E for Kyra intimate wears, 85/1.8G at f/4.5 1/30s, ISO 1600, with ARRI tungsten fresnel lights.

BR,
Pingang

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

Steen, I think you're right on with the dynamic range theory. In retrospect it is better to start with a flat file as a template. Eleanor, your star field is amazing!

Curtis Hustace

I haven't posted in a LONG while. Was in Germany at the Holy Ghost Church in Heidelberg. My parents were married in this church 57 years ago this year. They were along for the trip and it was nice to see them reminisce. I'll be making them a print for their anniversary. Just thought I'd share . . .

Nikon D700
Nikon 16-35mm 4.5(?) lens.
ISO 200

Trend Photo_CHP_5996 by curtis_hustace, on Flickr

Lloyd

I haven't posted in a LONG while. Was in Germany at the Holy Ghost Church in Heidelberg. My parents were married in this church 57 years ago this year. They were along for the trip and it was nice to see them reminisce. I'll be making them a print for their anniversary. Just thought I'd share . . .

Nikon D700
Nikon 16-35mm 4.5(?) lens.
ISO 200

Trend Photo_CHP_5996 by curtis_hustace, on Flickr
Very nice image. Sounds like a good experience. I love to take my parents around to places from their past as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.