The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuau

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

OK,
So I went out shooting today for 2 hours in Telluride,
Just to much stuff.
I will post a few...

Steven

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

LOL!!! ;-) OK Thorkil, red spot?? where? did you remove something? enlighten me! (I am working with reflections (first image) into some of the stuff at South Park City that I've been shooting straight for the past 7 years! this gallery wants creativity and that means different!! thus the reflections as part of the images. Now...the red spot?...where? ;-) eleanor

Well Eleanor, I guess you some sort of asked for it, so I gues I can be forgiven. I like this upper one the best, but some red spot, not big, just gentle, are missing in the buttom left, just in the beginning of the white.
:)
Thorkil

eleanorbrown

Steven, wonderful Fall color images! Are you getting the haze and smoke down there from wildfires up north? Our mountains are enveloped in haze and are barely visible today. eleanor

OK,
So I went out shooting today for 2 hours in Telluride,
Just to much stuff.
I will post a few...

Steven

kuau

Workshop Member

Eleanor
Yep Hazy up here too, not as bad probably where you are but still very noticeable

Steven

kuau

Workshop Member

Let's see
I used a Zeiss25/2.8 @ F8
Zeiss 50/2 @ F8
Voigtlander 90/3.5 SLII F8
Nikon 200/4 F8

Steven.
I have to reshoot the last image tomorrow. Not that sharp. Focus screw up

pophoto

Thank you Steven! The zeiss lenses in particular are complimenting the D800 sensor very well; and your wonderful photos are testiment to this.

Magic

Last December in Chicago:

D700, 15mm/2.8 Sigma:

If I remember it correctly, 440m over ground:

Greetings, Jurgen

Magic

Atlantis Hotel in Dubai. This hotel is a copy of the one on the Bahamas. They have an interesting walk with themes from Atlantis and many aquariums.

Lobby of the Atlantis Hotel. The centerpiece is made out of 30.000+ handmade glas parts, made in Murano/Italy:

Greetings, Jurgen

Magic

Gold Souq in Dubai. The times when gold was "dirt cheap" here, are over... Most of the gold in the windows is 22K which is darker.

D800, 24-70/2.8, 1/100 sec at f/4:

Greetings, Jurgen

Magic

The "Capital Gate" tower in Abu Dhabi which is 160m high and has an 18-degrees inclination which makes it the most tilted building in the world and took away the no. 1 spot in the Guiness Book of World Records from the tower in Pisa/Italy.

D800, 24-70/2.8, 1/200 sec at f/5:

Greetings, Jurgen

Thorkil

LOL!!! ;-) OK Thorkil, red spot?? where? did you remove something? enlighten me! (I am working with reflections (first image) into some of the stuff at South Park City that I've been shooting straight for the past 7 years! this gallery wants creativity and that means different!! thus the reflections as part of the images. Now...the red spot?...where? ;-) eleanor
Dear Eleanor! no, no, I just have to disappoint you. It was just, while looking at your picture as not just a plain photo but something you were able to control by yourself in a more decisive way than the normal picture, that I just thought, perhaps looking at it as a painting or so, it instictly lacked some red to soften up and distract the darkish black/brown area at the left, a little anarchistic red spot, just to trick your brain to see to black areas in another "light". Sometimes our brain has to have something unforeseen to awake, and if this have a function of a cry that is not to be heard, just being there to puzzle our small brain-cells, it can be that unbalance, that unstableness that actually create balance and more stableness than a plain harmonic picture, a sort of balance from a mixture of tension and harmony.
I can tell f.ex., a yellow colour don't look yellow in the good way, if you dosn't come, lets say 1/30, or less, of yellow in as a red. People will then think its more yellow than a plain yellow. Just to say that our brain sometimes is sighing after contradictions, sometimes in the alarming way, sometimes just in the small small details.
That was just something in that direction I meant to say :)
Thorkil
(and it has nothing to do with your normal pictures where you have a soft eye for beautiful details and are able to catch them too..!)

Status
Not open for further replies.