The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Ahhh yes Thorkil, I see what you mean! maybe I will experiment with this in Corel Painter and my Wacom tablet :)...I think for this exhibition I'm going to enter, pretty much anything goes! Thanks for the idea! (I've always wanted to be able to paint, but my natural talents have always been in photography so sometimes I look for image ideas that could pass for paintings!!! eleanor

Dear Eleanor! no, no, I just have to disappoint you. It was just, while looking at your picture as not just a plain photo but something you were able to control by yourself in a more decisive way than the normal picture, that I just thought, perhaps looking at it as a painting or so, it instictly lacked some red to soften up and distract the darkish black/brown area at the left, a little anarchistic red spot, just to trick your brain to see to black areas in another "light". Sometimes our brain has to have something unforeseen to awake, and if this have a function of a cry that is not to be heard, just being there to puzzle our small brain-cells, it can be that unbalance, that unstableness that actually create balance and more stableness than a plain harmonic picture, a sort of balance from a mixture of tension and harmony.
I can tell f.ex., a yellow colour don't look yellow in the good way, if you dosn't come, lets say 1/30, or less, of yellow in as a red. People will then think its more yellow than a plain yellow. Just to say that our brain sometimes is sighing after contradictions, sometimes in the alarming way, sometimes just in the small small details.
That was just something in that direction I meant to say :)
Thorkil
(and it has nothing to do with your normal pictures where you have a soft eye for beautiful details and are able to catch them too..!)

eleanorbrown

Nice Pramote!! I see we like the same places to shoot! :) Love Guanella Pass road! If you ever see a white land rover LR4 with a pet license plate from texas or a 2 door silver Jeep Rubicon with a personalized MD colorado license plate, that would be me! eleanor

Guanella Pass, Georgetown, CO
Nikon D800E; Zeiss 18mm f/3.5; Lee GND 0.6

Last edited:

Thorkil

Ahhh yes Thorkil, I see what you mean! maybe I will experiment with this in Corel Painter and my Wacom tablet :)...I think for this exhibition I'm going to enter, pretty much anything goes! Thanks for the idea! (I've always wanted to be able to paint, but my natural talents have always been in photography so sometimes I look for image ideas that could pass for paintings!!! eleanor
:) perhaps also try moving while shooting at slow shutter, if you have a subject with the right colours, Thorkil..(just to see if some dreamy things arises)

eleanorbrown

I totally agree! I have two portfolios on my web site shot in this manner....painted light and painted darkness. Eleanor

:) perhaps also try moving while shooting at slow shutter, if you have a subject with the right colours, Thorkil..(just to see if some dreamy things arises)

eleanorbrown

Two shots with the D800e, first one with the 85 1.4 taken in the evening from the Beartooth Highway, WY. Second taken with the 14-24 at a state park near Craig, Colorado. Eleanor

Thorkil

The autumn colours are really starting to explode up here in the North.

Very extraordinary Fredrick! Beautiful light and colours! Is this very late in the evening, with the rest of the midnight-sun, towards north-west, or very early morning?
Thorkil

aboudd

Fun with the D600!

Some of my first shots with the D600 taken on my morning walk yesterday. All shots were taken with the 45MM pancake lens.

Last edited:

Fredrick

Very extraordinary Fredrick! Beautiful light and colours! Is this very late in the evening, with the rest of the midnight-sun, towards north-west, or very early morning?
Thorkil
Thank you Thorkil. This is westwards in the very late evening. Sadly there is no midnight sun left and the days become shorter and darker each day.

Thorkil

Hi Fredrick, okay, then you have to "dark" pictures, also with light coming out from houses out there(?), only because I'm also curious to see some houses and some boat-sheds or something like that outthere.
Thorkil
Ps..and the 21mm might also get pleased with some strong foreground-action too..

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Admin note: Due to aging of the D800/E and introduction of the D600, we felt it was time to merge the D800 thread with the regular fun with Nikon thread. We'll leave the D600 thread for about 6 or 8 months too before merging it here. As always, please include lens and body data as it helps some folks using the search fields.

Thanks,

Jack and Guy

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks folks for understanding as we are both pretty anal on how the forum should function, we thought this made the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.