The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
GetDPI workshop in Zion National Park

Thought I would post a couple from yesterday that I shot scouting since i have a moment. All shot with a D800E

Zeiss 35mm F2

Samyang 14mm

Samyang 14mm

Guy Mancuso

Oops need to clone a camera shadow . Will do later. LOL

Im on laptop so my color could be off and will post more when Im home on my big monitor. For some reason i have a real hard time on these laptop screens getting my color perfect so i maybe off here. Message here Im alive and shooting, could not be happier. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A couple from our Zion workshop, both D800 files, both quickly processed in C1-7 beta and on my laptop. Both are also from my 50/1.4G, a lens that is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

50/1.4G at f1.4:

50/1.4G at f10:

Guy Mancuso

Couple more from today

This is a 5 shot Pano with the Sigma 150 2.8. Pink Coral Sand dunes

Zeiss 18mm Zion National Park

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple more from yesterday, again both with the D800 and 50/1.4 in C1 beta.

Bush at f1.4 -- that is the natural vignette of the lens at this aperture and focus distance:

Pink Dunes at f8, and of course cropped from the direct 50 capture, this is not a stitch. Detail is impressive, it will easily print well to 30" wide:

eleanorbrown

Promote this is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful color and shapes of darks and lights. Are you processing in Lightroom or C1 or any other RAW software?? Right now I'm back in Houston and have been doing some test shots around my house and yard and comparing my P65+ with the 800e using my best lenses. Looking at tonalities at 100 percent and sometimes 400 percent in LR and C1 and finding out what I have to do to mimic the smooth gradations and micro contrast I see in my Phase back. Can come very very close but the 800e is never going to have the tonalities quite as creamy as my Phase One (and the former needs a heck of a lot more processing work!!!)...I am trying shooting with the 800e at iso's 64 and even 50 to see what that does. Also shooting at iso 50 with the Phase back. One thing I know for sure tho...holding my 800e with my 35 1.4 lens and holding the Hasselblad and Phase One 65+ with the Hassy 50 lens...there is no contest...Medium format is hugely heavy and bulky and not for airline travel anymore for me.....eleanor

Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park, ME
Nikon D800E; Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here's another one from this morning, only I was using the 24PC. An unfortunate problem when shooting wideangles is you sometimes get surprised by what pops up in the corners when you're not paying attention...

24PC at f8:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Here's another one from this morning, only I was using the 24PC. An unfortunate problem when shooting wideangles is you sometimes get surprised by what pops up in the corners when you're not paying attention...

24PC at f8:
It also, thankfully, renders subjects outside the tilted plane of focus out of focus :ROTFL:

cbs777

Just got my D800 3 weeks ago to supplement my Leica M8 - still learning! This taken in one of the floating markets near Bangkok with 24-70 2.8 @ 70mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.