The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Promote this is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful color and shapes of darks and lights. Are you processing in Lightroom or C1 or any other RAW software?? Right now I'm back in Houston and have been doing some test shots around my house and yard and comparing my P65+ with the 800e using my best lenses. Looking at tonalities at 100 percent and sometimes 400 percent in LR and C1 and finding out what I have to do to mimic the smooth gradations and micro contrast I see in my Phase back. Can come very very close but the 800e is never going to have the tonalities quite as creamy as my Phase One (and the former needs a heck of a lot more processing work!!!)...I am trying shooting with the 800e at iso's 64 and even 50 to see what that does. Also shooting at iso 50 with the Phase back. One thing I know for sure tho...holding my 800e with my 35 1.4 lens and holding the Hasselblad and Phase One 65+ with the Hassy 50 lens...there is no contest...Medium format is hugely heavy and bulky and not for airline travel anymore for me.....eleanor
Thanks so much Eleanor! I don't have lightroom. For Nikon, I 've always open the RAW file in PS CS5. I've been using the PS for many years and got use to it. That's the only reason I've never used the LR.
You are right in that the Nikon RAW file needs more work than the Phase One, mine is IQ180. I've usually used ISO of 100 but may try 50 in the future.
Pramote

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Is the beta available to the regular public...ie: people like me and others!?? thanks! eleanor
Its by invitation only Eleanor and the beta is about to end pretty soon here (hint) but it at this stage still has a few bugs and still optimizing for the D800 cams. So not really what you want right now until the final version comes out. And I probably said too much but our readers should know its coming and its really going to be nice for a lot of cams. Been a lot of additions and improvements that I just cant share at the moment.

aboudd

Potomac fall color

Taken on a walking path along the Potomac river. Washington gets about 28 days a year of beautiful weather, this was one of them.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's another one from this morning, only I was using the 24PC. An unfortunate problem when shooting wideangles is you sometimes get surprised by what pops up in the corners when you're not paying attention...

24PC at f8:

That's the most serious occurrence of sensor dust I've ever seen.

(As an aside, "dust" in Norwegian means "fool" :D )

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Images with your morning coffee. Zeiss 25mm F2 lens a 25 second exposure.

Nikon 85mm waterfall. Time for your shower. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A few more from Zion, we're all working up images together right now and I'm seeing LOTS of great captures! THese are all from my D800 and processed in C1-7.

105DC, zeroed at f11:

50/1.4 at f9:

50/1.4 at f8, split-tone B&W conversion done in C1-7:

rayyan

Cindy Flood, Lloyd, D&A, ceh, BenH, Landscapelover, RVB...

I am very grateful to you all for your encouragement.

Best regards.

rayyan

Guy, Jack..this is some serious photography going on there. I thought it was
a simple hike with a D-Lux4!!:D

Excellent images.:thumbs:

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.