The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

This weekend it´s Scandinavians biggest photo exhibition in Copenhagen. Me and Dan Lindberg went for inspiration. The afternoon was spent eating "smörrebröd" with a beer and snaps! :) One image on my CF card from this day and it was this car. But we got a lot of ideas for the future, always inspiring to meet Dan. :thumbup:

Nikon D3x | AF-S 50/1,4G | f2,5 | 1/125 | iso 400​

Very cool car, and wonderfully captured. Looking forward to seeing more of the results of the inspiration. :salute:​

eleanorbrown

Ohhh Pramote, these last two with the snow are wonderful!!! I so wish I was in Colorado right now with this wonderful snow! Will be curious to see how my 800e handles snow... With my phase back and Leica M9 I get some color cast. Eleanor

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Ohhh Pramote, these last two with the snow are wonderful!!! I so wish I was in Colorado right now with this wonderful snow! Will be curious to see how my 800e handles snow... With my phase back and Leica M9 I get some color cast. Eleanor
Eleanor...Thank you very much for your kind words! The snow was 2 days ago and it was about 2". Where are you now? I hope you enjoy your trip. Pramote

aragdog

Just downloaded C 1-7 and cannot figure out how to use it. Tried fooling arond and just did a print from the program. With no knowledge or anything, WOW! So can some person or whatever, create a tutorial of this program?

danielmoore

Lily is a neighborhood cat that loves to have fun. Her face is lit sub-optimally as I didn't want to blind her mid-flight. The D800E shadow recovery provided enough to suffice. Shot with a 'cron 50 at f/8. In the full rez file you can see hair and specs of dust trailing her tail in flight. I used a single SB-80DX triggered by the on camera flash with a strip of Kodak infrared gel over it. Works great in close quarters.

eleanorbrown

Pramote....Sigh...I'm not on a trip, but in Houston, where I live half the year...the other half in colorado...back and fourth...I'll be in Colorado in january and actually my husband and i will be going to Yellowstone end of January on a 5 day trip! Look forward to taking the 800e to photograph "Yellowstone in winter"! Please do keep sending your wonderful winter Colorado images!!! Eleanor

Eleanor...Thank you very much for your kind words! The snow was 2 days ago and it was about 2". Where are you now? I hope you enjoy your trip. Pramote

eleanorbrown

I've been working this afternoon with the new upgrade to Capture One, now version 7. I'm finding I'm getting more accurate files and color in many cases. For some reason I had problems in Lightroom processing this file (tanker was bright reddish and hard to render correctly). I posted the LR version few days ago on this forum..Now I'll post the version I just converted in the new C1. The file is more accurate and color richer I think. Top image is the C1 image, bottom is the LR image. I've been a dedicated LR user but think I'm going to have to do some work now in C1-7..... Eleanor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Typical yellow cast. I pretty much said this the say I got the D800 using ACR which is the same engine as LR. If you remember the thread awhile back of trying all the converters I was totally frustrated I could not get results that where accurate. I actual almost sold it all but waited till C1 supported it and never looked back. I know I am very very bias towards C1 and I get ignored on it but I was not joking. LOL

This version 7 is even better in many ways. I still think though the E profile could use a slight tweak. It's still a little punchy but that's a easy fix. Lower your contrast a couple points -4 open the shadows a touch than add 3 to 5 points of black to taste. I like that setup

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote....Sigh...I'm not on a trip, but in Houston, where I live half the year...the other half in colorado...back and fourth...I'll be in Colorado in january and actually my husband and i will be going to Yellowstone end of January on a 5 day trip! Look forward to taking the 800e to photograph "Yellowstone in winter"! Please do keep sending your wonderful winter Colorado images!!! Eleanor
Eleanor...Thanks very much for your kind words! I hope you will have a great time in Yellowstone with your 800E.
I love winter in Colorado as much as you do.
Pramote

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

The top C1 image of the tanker still has some yellow cast but this was because the sun was setting and the light was quite warm but the image is just more accurate to me even so...richer tonalities... Closer to my 65+ output style. I have also been lowering the contrast and opening the shadows a tad on some images too...on this one I did local adjustment of clarity on the ship and that added to the micro details and tonalities in the hull... Eleanor

Typical yellow cast. I pretty much said this the say I got the D800 using ACR which is the same engine as LR. If you remember the thread awhile back of trying all the converters I was totally frustrated I could not get results that where accurate. I actual almost sold it all but waited till C1 supported it and never looked back. I know I am very very bias towards C1 and I get ignored on it but I was not joking. LOL

This version 7 is even better in many ways. I still think though the E profile could use a slight tweak. It's still a little punchy but that's a easy fix. Lower your contrast a couple points -4 open the shadows a touch than add 3 to 5 points of black to taste. I like that setup

Lloyd

Lily is a neighborhood cat that loves to have fun. Her face is lit sub-optimally as I didn't want to blind her mid-flight. The D800E shadow recovery provided enough to suffice. Shot with a 'cron 50 at f/8. In the full rez file you can see hair and specs of dust trailing her tail in flight. I used a single SB-80DX triggered by the on camera flash with a strip of Kodak infrared gel over it. Works great in close quarters.
Nicely done. Impressive, and a great idea for the flash. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.