The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Final ready for print. Going in and reprocessing some images but I may just print this one big. Samyang 14mm

Beautiful image, Guy. Was it focus stacked, or did the short focal length provide the wonderful front to back sharpness?
Regards
Dave
No focus stack but I did stop down more than normal f14 but still holding well. Damn lens is amazing for 400 bucks. Reminds me if the Voightlander 12mm for the M8 at the time only better.

Have to be honest C1 7 is pulling detail I have not seen on my E .

Pierrard

Don't know if I'm quite ready yet for the big leagues of GetDPI, but this came up and I'm hoping for critiques.

Nikon D90 with 200/4AIS, 75sec; processed in Photoshop CS3.

Thanks in advance!

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Took the D800E and 85/1.8G to the Day of the Dead event here in SF today. I love this lens! The in-camera flash is excellent as well - these were all shot at -1EV using the camera flash. I strongly debated whether to bring the SB-700 with a grid attachment for a softer fill. It would have been a slight improvement, but I'm not sure if it would really be worth the hassle. Since I was intending to shoot all B&W I had no need to gel the flash either, which is impractical with the builtin.

Magic

Taken during our Greece vacation in 2010, all photos with D700.

24-70/2.8, 1/2000 sec at f / 9.0, ISO 200

24-70/2.8, 1/500 sec at f / 6.3, ISO 200

Greetings, Jurgen

Lloyd

Jurgen, there is some genuine magic here. Amazing set(s), and it looks like a wonderful vacation. I haven't been to Greece in almost 40 years, and I still miss it. What memories these images evoke! Thank you for sharing.

Magic

Hello Lloyd, thank you very much for your comments.
Indeed Greece (and the islands in particular) are worth a visit/trip - even though it is quite some distance from the US. The photos I posted were taken on the island of Santorin.
People say that Greece has the most beautiful sunsets - well, this might be subject for discussion but at least they ain't that bad. Rich colors, friendly people etc. add to it.

Greetings, Jurgen

Lloyd

Kids have the most honest expressions.
(BTW, this was part of an assignment for a client. All these kids were shot with the permission of their parents. Wish I could show you the shots they used!)

D3s, 84/f1.4 and 200/f2.0:
]

Last edited:

RVB

Kids have the most honest expressions.
(BTW, this was part of an assignment for a client. All these kids were shot with the permission of their parents. Wish I could show you the shots they used!)

D3s, 84/f1.4 and 200/f2.0:
]

Really beautiful kids Lloyd...and lovely snaps..

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.