The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Jim: Lovely shot across from your house. I'm impressed by the performance of a couple of the Sigma lenses, and that one is on the list.

Bob: The shot of Tokyo is impressive! I've never seen it so clear.

Gary: Those shots of the old locomotives are really nice. I'm sad to see them go too... end of an era I miss.

Ben: That shot is priceless. What a cutie!

Antonio: Wonderful work. Not my forte for sure, although I just spent two weeks doing some of that type of work for a client. I didn't have a T/S lens, and sure wish I had. I shot most of it with either the 24-70/2.8, or the 14-14/2.8, and then spent hours in post processing straightening lines. Yuck.

Fotom: That "blue hour" shot is stunning.

Magic

Thank you very much at all for the likes. I did not use a tripod but I spent some time with AF finetuning :).

Greetings, Jurgen

Jurgen,

have you used a tripod for your shots? Never got that sharp and clear pictures out of the hand with my D800 and that lens... :eek:

Magic

Jurgen I like the Third one very much. ACH
Thank you very much, actually this shot is one out of a series of 5 I believe, that I took for a panorama shot. Unfortunately PS Elements doesn't do a great job when it comes to stitching - so this has to wait until I am back at home in 2 weeks.

Greetings, Jurgen

robsteve

Subscriber
After many years of service.....the end is near. I know that not every piece of machinery or equipment has lasting historical value or is worth the cost of being restored and preserved.

I'm just glad that I have some photos of these two locomotives, to remind me (and others) of what was once here, in this place.

D700, 24-120/4 VR lens
I have never seen an engine with the shrouds off. Is that a v16? How many KW would the generator end be?

Status
Not open for further replies.