The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Wow, this thread has got some legs now.
Thanks for the 'likes' guys.
Lloyd, thanks for the kind words. The portraits of the girls are great but i'm with Jorgen and Bildifokus on the guy in the suit, excellent! (Do you do this for a living?).
Alan.

Lloyd

Wow, this thread has got some legs now.
Thanks for the 'likes' guys.
Lloyd, thanks for the kind words. The portraits of the girls are great but i'm with Jorgen and Bildifokus on the guy in the suit, excellent! (Do you do this for a living?).
Alan.
Thanks Alan. I'm grateful for your appreciation. :salute:

I don't do the stranger portraits "for a living", that's just something I do for myself, but I am a photographer. Now that it comes up, if being a photographer "for a living" requires actually being able to live on what one makes... another question entirely. :D

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Where there be weddings

28mm 1.8 at 1.8

there be wedding photographers

28mm 1.8 at 5.6

24-120 f/4 at 100mm and f/5.6

Note the gear:
I have no idea what the camera is yet there are two of them and two lights.
The cameras are both fired by an air bulb release. One light is for one camera so this is I guess a way to avoid gear failures, just always take two pictures with duplicate gear.
-bob

Last edited:

Gino Troian

Metric @ Oakland Colosseum (Oracle Arena) Was a great show despite the fact that Metrics equipment was stuck in Florida. They put on a beautiful acoustic set instead. The pit was crowded, around 35 photographers were there on assignment. The stage was high but I made the best of it. Enjoy!

johnnygoesdigital

Lloyd,

The comet was added for consideration for a film promotion (poster). However, no stars were added, just a dark night with ambient light from the west. I'll re-post when I add the appropriate production info.

Shashin

24-120 f/4 at 100mm and f/5.6

Note the gear:
I have no idea what the camera is yet there are two of them and two lights.
The cameras are both fired by an air bulb release. One light is for one camera so this is I guess a way to avoid gear failures, just always take two pictures with duplicate gear.
-bob
The choice of tools for wedding photographers and group photographers in Japan where/are the Fuji 6x9 rangefinders. In fact, when I was married in a shrine in Japan (but not Meiji shrine (you need a lot of cash and very good connections to get married there)), the photographer took the group shot with a Fuji rangefinder. I have seen the memorial photo from groups taken with the same camera. And why not? A relatively inexpensive camera with great quality.

A little fun fact about Meiji shrine. The forest surrounding it is man-made, planted when it was built one hundred years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.