The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Pramote,

I don't want to sound like a broken record but you leave me no choice...another 10/10 :thumbs:.

Was this shot taken with the Nikon 300mm/4.0 AF-S IF-ED ?

I am looking for something longer than my 70-200/2.8 and want to use it with my 1.4 converter and that lense seems to fit perfectly. Actually my plan is to buy it tomorrow after the night shift and the round of golf :).

Greetings, Jurgen
Hi Jurgen,

Thanks very much for your kind words!
This picture was taken quite a long time ago with the 300mm ED-IF f/2.8 manual focus.
Enjoy your new lens!
Pramote

robsteve

Subscriber
A very dirty AF 105 f2.8 Micro Nikkor arrived at my door today. I madewhat I thought was a silly low offer on in on eBay and my low offer probably was probably more than it was worth. It looks like it was a lens used in a factory to monitor a process or assembly line and was full of dirt and grime, even the front element.

After a few hours of cleaning it, which included taking it apart a bit, this was a test image, just using the built in flash of the D800E. I am also in the middle of renovating the den and this was just a pair of pliers and a screwdriver on the step ladder from when I was installing the pot lights.

I have lots of small Leica bits and accessories to sell off now that I have left the R system and was in need of a macro lens. This should do.

aboudd

Re: Fun with the D600!

Inaugural prep. They are already laying out the chairs for Mr. Obama's 2nd inauguration. D600 with 85 1.8G.

Last edited:

D&A

Inaugural prep. They are already laying out the chairs for Mr. Obama's 2nd inauguration. D600 with 85 1.8G.
Wow Aboud, they're already setting up? I guess thats why there was all that scaffolding (uncvered at the time) on both sides of the Capitol that wasn't too attractive to the evening Capitol Christmas tree shots I took over there in Decembe (which I'll hopefully get around to posting in the medium format section).

I had (and still do) my new D600 that I've never taken out of the box yet and am still deciding on whether to keep it or not, depending on if it will be able to perform well enough for certain applications in the coming months.

Dave (D&A)

emmawest72

Thanks a lot! Yes, Silverefex is great for BW conversions. I have about 2-3 presets that I really like so I don't spend too much time:)

Cheers!

as i was scrolling upward, i thought to myself "my, this has a certain film-ish charm to it"...and then i saw silver efex. love that program!

nicely done :D

aboudd

Dave, you really are nutz arn't ya? Take the damned thing out of the box, shoot with it, marvel at the color and resolution and remind yourself that I told you to do it. A belated Happy New Year to you Dave

D&A

Dave, you really are nutz arn't ya? Take the damned thing out of the box, shoot with it, marvel at the color and resolution and remind yourself that I told you to do it. A belated Happy New Year to you Dave
A little...LOL! Yes, I absolutely recall and truly appreciated your written suggestions to me. As explained, although no camera has all the perfect performance requirements for a particular shoot , experience from these shoots has taught me that in my case, it would be extremely beneficial to have specific charateristics and capabilities from each of the top three currently produced Nikon DSLR's (the D600, D800 and D4)...but each is lacking in some key areas (for my requirements).

Yes, I believe it (my D600) is getting lonely and maybe sufficating a bit without my even opening the box's lid once for it to breathe :)...but I'm getting close! Thank you and a Happy New Year to you too! :chug:

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.