The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Dave it is so good to hear from you and I marvel and have great admiration for your always positive attitude in the face of adversity that few of us will likely ever face. Your enthusiasm for taking pics with all else you've had to deal with, especially your loses, both on a personal level as well as photographically, is both heartwarming and amazing in spirit.

Just last week I was attending a lecture by a Photographer over at Leica Store who sidetracked his discussion by relaying a story from a few weeks ago that he was personally involved with. After one of his talks at Leica in NY/NJ, he was invited by someone in the audience to drive over to an completely "off limits" destinantion of near destruction by storm "Sandy" and took a good number of images. I believe he was photographing in N.J. He's not a reportage photographer per se, simply wanted the opportunity to capture images in his style. Between his stories of the devastation as well as some interesting but haunting images he took, gives one a first hand view of just how powerful and destructive this storm was. Glad to hear that things are progressing, even though it must be agonizingly slow and often at times painful Take care and hang in there...and oh, regarding your images, like the ones you just posted? You most certainly haven't lost your wonderful "photographic touch"! :thumbs:

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

+ 1 what D&A said
I admire your resilience and patience, Dave (gurtch).
When do you expect to be able to move back into your own house again ?
All the very best wishes from Denmark

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
More NYC...

D800E and ZF.2 18/3.5 at Times Sq:

The 85/1.8G:

(The last one is detail from the Planet Hollywood marquee.)

And a snap with the 35/1.4G:

gurtch

+ 1 what D&A said
I admire your resilience and patience, Dave (gurtch).
When do you expect to be able to move back into your own house again ?
All the very best wishes from Denmark
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. We may have electric power in about 4 to 6 weeks. Very frustrating....I had to turn down print orders (pre-Christmas is my busy time). I am working on a new laptop with Windows 8. I upgraded to CS6. The frustrating thing is I have a ton of paid for down loaded Photoshop Plug-Ins, and do not have access to the serial numbers, key codes, purchase order numbers etc. You guessed it....on my home PC. All my photography files were double backed up, and I took them when we left, so all survived.
I love this forum.
Dave in NJ

Thorkil

With -17 celcius the other night, I start miss summer and found this funny old summer picture take with my first DSLR, a Nikon D50 with a kit 55-200 lens.

Hi Bent
Lovely picture!
It isn't the Munkholmbridge in the background? looks like it, but can't place it.
Best
Thorkil
(Storström-bridge perhaps)

Last edited:

BSEH

Hi Bent
Lovely picture!
It isn't the Munkholmbridge in the background? looks like it, but can't place it.
Best
Thorkil
(Storström-bridge perhaps)
Hi Thorkil

It's take just outside Stubbekøbing, and it's The old Storestrøms Bridge in the bagground.

thedruid

More fun with the D600 +24-120Vr combo, walking along the streets of Granada, Sp the buildings were being washed with light while the tress were in shadow. Handheld @f7.1....

gurtch

Snow on the beach and full moon. D800E 24-70 Tamron VC. 3 shot HDR combined in Photomatix Pro. A friend also made a shot of me taking a shot!
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
2 January, 1,128 monks set out on a 450 kilometer long walk through Bangkok and surroundings which ended yesterday. They have literally been walking on flowers every single step of the way.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4

And the children were there too

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 105mm and f/3.2

Pierrard

Nikon D90 with Tokina 11-16/2.8 at 12mm, Cokin Grad-ND filter, f/16, 2sec.

I plan on going back to the area when it's a bit later in the day, to do some longer exposures as well.

2 January, 1,128 monks set out on a 450 kilometer long walk through Bangkok and surroundings which ended yesterday. They have literally been walking on flowers every single step of the way.

(...)

And the children were there too
Jørgen: Both give a very authentic impression of the event, particularly like the second one, the scene, decisive moment, and the colours. And, of course, PP outstanding as usual. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.