The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnygoesdigital

We've had amazing temps here in New England! Blocks of ice drift like rafts here on the Vt. coast, some content to just stay put. Taken with a Zeiss 21mm.

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Just returned from a short trip to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. These shots with my D800e and Nikon 35 1.4G lens. Eleanor

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
We thought about going to the Yellowstone this summer but have just changed the plan to the Big Island, Hawaii instead.
How cold was it when you were there?
Pramote

eleanorbrown

Promote, Probably best to go to the Big Island as there are millions of people in yellowstone in the summer (in winter there are very few people and we had parts of the park to ourselves! Winter is cold...we were told to be prepared for 0 to 30 degree weather. Some times with the wind, which could be strong, the chill factor was probably 0-5 degrees. We did some hiking in wind and blowing snow, heavy snow to walk on, etc).... I had 5 layers on top and 3 layers on bottom...face mask came in handy too at times...heavy gloves necessary. We rode in snow cats....6 passengers each and our group had 4 snow cats. eleanor

We thought about going to the Yellowstone this summer but have just changed the plan to the Big Island, Hawaii instead.
How cold was it when you were there?
Pramote

gurtch

TRY AGAIN

D800E 14~24 lens, hand held, monopod. ISO 400, I think about f13. Last image with Tamron 70~300 VC monopod
Dave in NJ

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Promote, Probably best to go to the Big Island as there are millions of people in yellowstone in the summer (in winter there are very few people and we had parts of the park to ourselves! Winter is cold...we were told to be prepared for 0 to 30 degree weather. Some times with the wind, which could be strong, the chill factor was probably 0-5 degrees. We did some hiking in wind and blowing snow, heavy snow to walk on, etc).... I had 5 layers on top and 3 layers on bottom...face mask came in handy too at times...heavy gloves necessary. We rode in snow cats....6 passengers each and our group had 4 snow cats. eleanor
Eleanor...Thank you very much FYI. I may just plan to go there off-season.
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.