The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Many thanks Lloyd.

A few more from the trip below. The middle two from Las Vegas, NM a small town only 50 + miles west of Santa Fe, but it might as well be in another country. Its claimed there are more buildings on the National Historic Registry in this town than any other city in the US. Sadly most of them are severely in disrepair.

The bookends, Cerrillos Trading Post.

Rob
These are just so seriously good, Rob. Loving them, and the processing is terrific. Those bookends in particular. (BTW, I have a photographer friend who lives in LV, NM. I'm gonna have to chide him for never showing me any of this place!)

routlaw

Thanks Lloyd. Indeed you should chide your friend in Las Vegas. Its a very interesting little town with some fabulous architecture, most of which is in decay and ruin or at least a significant portion is. The economy there seems very depressed, so hard to imagine one could make a living as a photographer in Las Vegas.

Part of the film, "No Country for Old Men" was shot here. Will post a few more later today.

In the meantime suffice it to say I find New Mexico a very eccentric and eclectic place but in a good way. They seem to be able to get away with a visual lifestyle (hate that overused word) in a way that might not, probably not be tolerated anywhere else.

Rob

routlaw

Hey thanks. No IR though, just straight processing… er uh, well sort of.

In honor of Valentines Days, I present the "Heart of Saturday Night" fashion shoot southwestern style:))

Cerrillos Trading Post, Cerrillos, NM

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Last edited:

viablex1

Hey thanks. No IR though, just straight processing… er uh, well sort of.

In honor of Valentines Days, I present the "Heart of Saturday Night" fashion shoot southwestern style:))

Cerrillos Trading Post, Cerrillos, NM

Thanks for looking.

Rob
killer!! black and white

routlaw

Thanks. Whats the lab shot about?

Another one from the Cerrillos Trading Post. Cerrillos, NM, retired engine from the local mines.

Rob

Last edited:

Pierrard

Nikon D90 with Tokina 11-16/2.8 at 16mm, 30sec f/11, lit with a flashlight.
In the original size, there are a few stars in the background, and I'm considering doing a 15-min or so exposure to bring them out a bit more.

I'm planning on going back to do the same image stitched with my 50mm so I can print it large; I did this earlier in the day but the above shot turned out much better aesthetically (in my opinion).

bensonga

It was a grey and dreary winter day here...perfect for this shot, but not much else.

Alaska Mill and Feed, Nikon D800e, 24-120/4 VR, Nik SilverEfex Pro conversion

bensonga

This is a commercial interior shot done with the D800 and the 45-85mm Pentax 645 @ 50mm.

I love colors in both of these images Antonio. I'm curious about your experience using the Pentax 645 lens on the D800. I know the 45-85 is reputed to be quite good on the Pentax 645D. Are you using any other P645 lenses on your D800? Which lens adapter are you using?

Gary

Hi Gary, thanks for your comments.

The Pentax 645 are exceptional lenses, meaning sharpness, detail, colour and bokeh.

They are difficult to focus due to f/4 or f/3.5 diaphragms. Live view focusing being a most.

I'm using the 35 A, 120 macro A and the 45-85 FA. They are all very good, strong and heavy.

For traveling I found myself leaving the camera at the hotel so I opted to buy a Zeiss 35/2 and Nikon 60 macro G. These are light and small and end up using them in my day by day work.

The advantage of using the Pentax 645 lenses would make more sense if you can buy a Zoerk Shift adapter to shoot spaces and buildings, otherwise just stay Nikon which are excellent lenses.

ACH

JimCollum

work's been keeping me away from both shooting and forums of late... I did manage to make a Saturday morning trip to SF to meet up with a friend coming out with his 8x10

These are all from the 800E

Status
Not open for further replies.