The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

I'll bet it does print up nicely, Wayne. BTW, what focal length is that Zeiss Distagon? Looks like a 35mm, but I'm guessing.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I'll bet it does print up nicely, Wayne. BTW, what focal length is that Zeiss Distagon? Looks like a 35mm, but I'm guessing.
good guess. lol. got everything about the lens in there but the focal length. Edited the post to include it.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham,
I always expect to see that "SOMETHING" in your shots and you never disappoint me, very nice and thoughtful picture.
Best,
--------
Manouch
Thanks Manouch,

That was 5 1/4 hours of hard work by my D600 and intervalometer. 78 images at 4 min per image plus some light painting. It pays to start before the light has totally gone so that there's some colour in the sky.

I shot at the other end of the race track too although I made the mistake of setting up my other camera and tripod on a composition in the light but when I walked back to find it the playa was pitch black. I'm not joking when I say that you could lose a battleship in that place in the dark. It took me over an hour to find the the other tripod / camera & bag!

mattpallante

I'm so sick of winter.......:banghead: This time last year we had weather in the 70's and higher. This year I still have wet, mucky snow on the ground.:cussing:
Here's a couple from late last fall, before it turned cold. 60mm nikkor micro, a lens I really like on my d800. Blue leaf @iso 1250/f16. Tiny flowers @iso 100/f2.8.

Matt

Mr.Gale

I was at the Grand Canyon last week for the first time in many years. I had forgotten how hard the place is to photograph, here are a few I'm working on.

Mr.Gale

Last edited:

bensonga

I'm so sick of winter.......:banghead: This time last year we had weather in the 70's and higher. This year I still have wet, mucky snow on the ground.:cussing:
Matt
It could be worse Matt....at least you don't live in Alaska. 70+ degrees in March? For the past couple of "summers" I could count on one hand the number of days when we hit 70 degrees here. It was zero to ten degrees here last week, then we got another 12-15 inches of snow. Still looks like winter here, but at least there are more hours of daylight. I know that eventually, spring will arrive....but it never comes soon enough for me.

Gary

scho

Farmers Market shot with D800e and Nikkor 18-35 G at 18mm. Processed this one in LR4.4rc and applied lens profile for the old 18-35. Overcorrects slightly for vignetting, but otherwise OK.

Last edited:

scho

We finally had some sun today that felt good. Still evaluating the 18-35 G on the D800e. Seeing more distortion in today's shots, but was able to recover some decent images. OK for casual shooting, but I'm not that pleased with it for landscape use.

Status
Not open for further replies.