The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVB

RVB

Many thanks indeed for making these files available, it really is appreciated.

The control of flare on the Zeiss is quite remarkable. Central definition likewise. The profile in ACR is also very good.

I'm still unsure about edge and corner definition but admit that perhaps I'm being too critical especially considering just how wide this lens is. For me this is probably the issue, the lens is simply too wide which not only impacts on edge performance but also on the rendering of perspective. Perhaps, for me at least, it's just too extreme.

BTW, I thought your processed image was very fine, you certainly got the most out of the file.

Thanks once again. All the best and good shooting to you.

Keith

Thanks Keith,it's a great file to work with .very malleable ..

It is for sure a very wide len's but addictive when you get a feel for it..
It's a far bit wider than the HCD-24..

I also have the Nikkor,the Zeiss is not as versatile as the Nikkor but for absolute image quality I think the Zeiss is better..

Best

Rob

KeithL

Thanks Keith,it's a great file to work with .very malleable ..

It is for sure a very wide len's but addictive when you get a feel for it..
It's a far bit wider than the HCD-24..

I also have the Nikkor,the Zeiss is not as versatile as the Nikkor but for absolute image quality I think the Zeiss is better..

Best

Rob
Thanks again, Rob.

Keith

Quentin_Bargate

Wimpole Hall from today, the first shot is a combination of two images taken with the D800E and Sigma 35mm F1.4, focus stacked.

With the 24mm PC-E shifted upwards

and book restoration, with the Sigma 35mm F/1.4

Last edited:
From a hike this weekend - D800E + 24-70mm f2.8

Big dynamic range in this photo - but the D800E handled it quite well - though I suspect someone with better pp skills could do better.

Thanks for looking.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Quentin, LOVE the book restoration shot -- dare I go so far to say it has a "Leica-like" quality to it?

Damn, I may just need to get me one of those little Sigmas :D

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin, LOVE the book restoration shot -- dare I go so far to say it has a "Leica-like" quality to it?

Damn, I may just need to get me one of those little Sigmas :D
Thanks, Jack, but if you mean one of the Merrills, these shots are with the D800E :D. It would have been a tad rude to post Sigma Merrill shots in a Nikon forum:p

Could probably have used the Sigma DP2M for the restoration shot but its not great in low light (although I used the Merrills in low light in Morocco and they did pretty well)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I am referring to the D800E/Sigma 35 shot directly above. "Little" was intended as a sappy adjective ;)

scho

A few walkabout shots in the Ithaca, Cascadilla Creek neighborhood with the D800e and Sigma 35 1.4.

Dragonfly cut-out along stream walk

Bridge wall cut-outs

neighborhood market graffiti

This is a wrought copper ring taken yesterday.
The shooting angle as client requested.
Nikon D800 + Horseman VVC Pro +120mm Rodenstock APO.
Hope you like it.

Y Sol

It's still winter here. One of my favorite things about the month of April is that it signals the end of the cold days and snowy forecasts but this year there is no sign of spring :( So I thought lets post a summer shot from last year;)

D3x, 24PC-E, @ 4,8

Last edited:

scho

A vernal waterfall on Sixmile Creek along a walking trail not far from my home. Two shot stitch, handheld with D800e and Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG. Harsh lighting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.