The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Folks, very very many thanks ( screw the english constructs ) for the ' likes '.
I am truly grateful to you all.:clap:

Last night I was watching a re-run of one of my favorite tv series...Battlestar Galactica.

During one of the episodes, i remembered something, got up, found it and showed it to my grand daughter. She is over here from Texas to keep me company. Each day with her, my health seems to be returning on steroids.

Anyway, I wanted to show her a symbol. I wanted her never to forget the courage and ingenuity of the human species. And I want her to be proud of Texas and her country, the USofA. She was born a long long time after the incident took place. But it is etched in my mind. The tears and prayers that we expended during that ordeal. And the joy...

It started with a simple message, to a place in Texas..' Houston, we have a problem.'

Do we remember these names? Lovell, Swigert, Haise.

Lest we forget. My salute to the courage and ingenuity of those that put their lives on the line so that mankind might take a step forward.

Quentin_Bargate

Folks, very very many thanks ( screw the english constructs ) for the ' likes

Last night I was watching a re-run of one of my favorite tv series...Battlestar Galactica.
One of the best, multi-layered series ever produced. I have the entire series on blu- ray :thumbup:

Lest we forget. My salute to the courage and ingenuity of those that put their lives on the line so that mankind might take a step forward.
Completely agree.

Pierrard

Originally Posted by Antonio Chagin
This is the head of a 1 inch steel nail with the Nikkor AM-ED 120mm APO. @ 100% view.
Very interesting - I've been experimenting a bit with macro recently:

Nikon D90 with 200/4 AIS and reversed 50/1.8D, I don't think flash was involved.

PS: it's a mechanical pencil, or at least the tip.

Nikon D90 with 50/1.8D and macro tube (26mm), not sure if flash was involved.

PS: it's a detail in the bark of an Arbutus tree.

shtarka1

It is said that quality never goes out of style.

Fads are just that. Fads. Another fad shall come along soon enough.

D700, Nepal.
Spring skies at Melford Hall, today, D800E, Zeiss 21mm F2.8. Lee filters polariser and perspective corrected

The magic light.
D700 / 85mm.
Profoto D1 500 Air and gridded Softbox.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/westerw/8651920085/]
The magic light by WesterW, on Flickr[/URL]
From my new series Collected and Treasured.

Arch Nat'l Park, Utah
Nikon D800E/Zeiss 35mm f/2

D700 with 28mm f/2.0 AIS @ f/2.0

Gentlemen....Bravo!!!!:clap:

Amazing!
I always wondered if my 120mm Nikkor AM-ED would work with my D800E.
I have to try this combination.
Thanks for your insight,
Mike
Mike, you would be amazed of the micro-contrast and sharpness in general.
F5.6 is amazzziiinnggg. F8 very good.
I would recommend a sturdy tripod or studio stand and mirror up and 3 secs delay.
ACH

Status
Not open for further replies.