The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Thanks guys - really appreciate the comments!

A couple of people asked me in PMs for exposure details. They vary somewhat. For the single frame pictures (i.e. stars that are not trails), ISO ranged between 1000 and 1600, with exposure around 30 secs and aperture around f5.6 (these details are all from memory by the way, as I don't have access to the files right now - you can click on them to go to them in Flickr and look at the metadata if you want more precise details for a particular frame). For the star trails, these are stacks of hundreds of files - if there is lots of ambient light, I use exposures between 10-15 seconds at f4.5-f6.3 on ISO 200-400 - but if the scene is dark, exposures can be over a minute with ISO up to 1600 and aperture as wide as f3.2. It varies a lot. Hope that helps - feel free to come back to me for more details on a specific frame if you like (I should be back with my files later).

AlexLF

It's been a while... Hopefully I'll have more time for photography from now on.

These are made with 135/2 DC:

24-70/2.8:

Fredrick

Not quite sure if this belongs in the Large Format thread or here, but it's taken with the D800. Or rather "scanned" Originally it's a 4x5 Fuji Velvia 100F positive.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Welcome back, Alex. I have missed your style and your Russian motives. You make me want to go to Russia.

As for salmon and coffee, I know a few places in Norway that would gladly offer that, together if you want :)

AlexLF

Thank you Jorgen for the kind words! Please come to Russia as everyone would love to see your look at the country in your photographs (especially myself ;) )

For the salmon and coffee I'd better go to Norway :)

BTW, the cuisine in this town is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.