The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeckert

technically...a nikon image. a send-off portrait of my beard before a shave.

nikon 210/5.6 W, calumet cc400, VERY expired velvia 50, tetenal e6 kit, epson v700 w/ vuescan.

hence the colors...not sure if the film was THAT damaged, my temperature control was THAT poor (1st go at home dev e6), the water is THAT bad here, or it was just THAT over exposed...so i gave it its own glazed sort of look in PS...my hair resembled ronald mcdonald's initially. lol. i was using a d800 for "metering"...had it perfect (about a third stop under) at full power, f/16, ISO 100...so ISO 50 should have yielded the same result at f/11...but this is at least a stop or 2 over. mysterious. *shrug*

BSEH

technically...a nikon image. a send-off portrait of my beard before a shave.

nikon 210/5.6 W, calumet cc400, VERY expired velvia 50, tetenal e6 kit, epson v700 w/ vuescan.

hence the colors...not sure if the film was THAT damaged, my temperature control was THAT poor (1st go at home dev e6), the water is THAT bad here, or it was just THAT over exposed...so i gave it its own glazed sort of look in PS...my hair resembled ronald mcdonald's initially. lol. i was using a d800 for "metering"...had it perfect (about a third stop under) at full power, f/16, ISO 100...so ISO 50 should have yielded the same result at f/11...but this is at least a stop or 2 over. mysterious. *shrug*

--- shame on me, first i think Instagram is coming to GetDpi :confused:

danielmoore

Re: dmeckerts self portrait, it is a rather good 'looking across time' look to coax from oneself. Being in front of the lens is not conducive to good photography for me!
I also appreciate the subtle tonal differentiation.

BSEH

More portrait.. no Instagram - just the colors of Holi in New Delhi - Main bazar Road..

D800 and 70-200 f/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.