The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photojazz

Some really nice images here this page!

Stunning color in the water Alex.

Pramote, some very nice images too, and quite a few of them!

More great shots, just not called by name, can't do them all from memory. :)

Photojazz

I was playing with my newly acquired D3X with somewhat newly acquired 58mm 1.2 NOCT, and came up with this at dusk: This is a vase of Willow branches with some twig strand lights mixed into it...

As much as anything, I was testing stability of the D3X vs what I have experienced with the D800 recently with respect to camera shake handheld. As I thought, the D3X is much more stable... Silver Efex Pro II processing of NEF image ported from LR4 as TIFF.

Pierrard

From a recent trip to the Sooke Potholes near Victoria, British Columbia with my Nikon D90 (all ISO 200, all but the last tripod-mounted):

12-shot stitch, 50mm f/11 1/125sec
B&W conversion via channel mixing in Photoshop

16-shot stitch, 200mm at 1/200sec (can't remember what aperture)

9-shot stitch, 200mm at 1/160sec (can't remember what aperture)
B&W conversion via standard Photoshop sliders only

Single shot, 50mm f/5.6 1/400sec

Last edited:

BenH

Maxine checking development of this years Blueberry crop. No ripe berry shall escape her.

D800, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR

Pierrard

Dude, how do you do a 16 shot stitch of water? Seems like nothing would match up. well done.
Honestly, I have no idea. I've been doing (almost) all stitching recently via Photoshop's Photomerge function, requiring only minor adjustments, as both shots involving moving water worked essentially perfectly.

I've had trouble before with exactly this issue, and did alternate shots of the same scene with an ND filter to blur the water into submission, but didn't have to use them! (They were nice in their own right, but I still prefer these ones).

Other shots however (generally wider angle) do have the normal stitching issues due to water motion, but many of these are still salvageable.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.