The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsteve

Subscriber
I was a spectator at an amateur boxing match a few weeks ago and brought along the D800E and a 50mm f1.8 G. The competitor in the red was the favorite and got a bit of a surprise from his opponent. In the end, red won, but not without a lot of work.

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Tribunj,Croatia..

D600,24-85VR

beautiful sunset scenery, ceh :thumbup:

my wife and I were in Croatia three years ago, in spring 2010, a nice country with a beautiful nature, I hope to go back there some day

©lick for native sizes

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Lightroom 4.4

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/800 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Lightroom 4.4

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Lightroom 4.4

neilvan

This basically falls apart after being downsized so much but I still wanted to share it...

D800|CZ 85mm f1.4 ZF.2|9 Photos

Paint Brush Trail, Manning Park, BC, Canada

Some more shots from Yellowstone - D800E

Lower Falls - taken just after sunset.

And another from Canyon - taken around the same time as the Falls.

Cheers,

fultonpics

jorgen

both were shot with 400 2.8 from pool deck on a D4. 'fills' the frame! think it was 9-point focus, but i get totally confused on what all those focus points do. shooting D3 and D4 for years and haven't a clue if one focus point setting is better than another. I used 1-point for the longest time, but in swimming the splash messes with it. it was on continuous focus and the 'concept' for both was back lighting. i always use manual speed, aperture and ISO--i'm too old to trust those auto features I pay the big bucks for. the other photogs were on the the other side of the pool, figuring i had no idea what i was doing. im sure they got good shots too.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interesting what you say about focus points. I clearly prefer 11 points and layout of the D2Xs and F6 to the newer cameras, but I suppose it depends on what one's shooting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.