The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Thanks viablex1, I am very much looking forward to seeing what I can see when I get to Iceland, luckily my brother moved there recently and has a place in the North as well as Reykjavik so this won't be my last trip.

I took images 5 years ago of Aurora Australis, the Southern Lights when I was working in the Antarctic, they blew me away at the time but looking back now, truly dreadful! Luckily cameras have come a long way from the 20D I was using at the time. If there are Aurora to be seen then i will do my best with what I have to capture them.

Here's a quick shot from the same spot as the last shot, looking in the other direction.

I've been toying with the idea of using a border on my images for a while now, I think they need some presentational help, I'd appreciate any comments on whether this works or not?!

Thanks!

Mat

Lloyd

Very nice work, Mat. As I mentioned, I'm looking forward to your Iceland images. I was there for a couple of weeks last year, and fell in love with the place. One of our forum members, Stuart Richardson, (any relation) lives in Reykjavik.

As for the border, I think is works, but I'm fine without it on the forum. I think the grey does the job, but either way is good.

M

mjr

Morning all

Thanks for your opinion Lloyd, much appreciated!

Ben, cute kid!

Had an early start this morning, just because it looked nice out and still getting the hang of the D800, I'm enjoying it so far! On the back of the quality of the 50 1.8 I cancelled the 85 1.4 and changed to the 85 1.8, then used the savings towards a Zeiss 135 f2, picking them up early tomorrow, really looking forward to using both!

Anyway, this morning down by the river, light wasn't as good as I had hoped but nice sky.

Have a good Sunday all.

Mat

Photojazz

D3X, 28mm 1.4D New pulley lamp, and new vases and flora. So I shoot it, seems like the thing to do...

Color Efex Pro 4 processing using bleach effect:

Silver Efex Pro 2 processing, various settings there.

BenH

Artist at Work.
Drawing on a landscape timber with a hunk of burnt wood. No easy task, but this young artist made a go of it.

D800, 70-200 f/2.8

M

mjr

Evening!

I´m on day 2 of my Iceland trip, incredible place.

Rather than bore with loads of images, here´s a couple from the first 2 days, stitched panoramas.

I´ve learnt a couple of things, the Zeiss 135 f2 is incredible, I can focus it easily and take a good percentage of keepers hand held, it is also great for landscapes! The second thing I´ve learnt is that the 85 f1.8 is not made for landscapes! The flare, chromatic aberrations and general harshness and lack of character make for rubbish images in this environment. Sharp it is, suitable for me it isn´t.

Anyway, here´s a couple.

Mat

M

mjr

Sorry about the rubbish sizing and lack of consistency, mucking about on a laptop.

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.