The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

To Thorkil and all my other friends here, a very big thank you for your encouragement. :salute:

A couple from St. Moritz...

Stan ROX

Taken with a D800e and the Zeiss 135 mm 2.0 @2.0

It's made up from 7 single pictures, taken as a freehand panorama, tied together in photoshop to a final picture of a height of almost 30'000px, 7000px wide.

This one is now resized to 2000 px: Open it in a new window to enjoy it's full precision

M

mjr

Evening!

Well, my Iceland trip comes to an end tomorrow morning as I head back to Sweden, had an amazing time with fantastic weather!

Here are a couple from today, the aurora pic is a first quick develop, I´m sure it would benefit from a lot more work in post but it´s alright as an idea. Second shows the glacier this morning, beautiful weather!

MikalWGrass

Stan, are you sure the photo of the lovely chica is properly focused? My eyes are drawn to the backlit belly fuzz. Regardless, I :salute: you sir.

tcdeveau

First time posting in the Nikon forum...here's Pfeiffer Beach in Big Sur, Cali last week.

D800e, 24-70, 34mm, f13, ISO 160, 1.0 sec, 6x17 crop, Really Right Stuff TVC-33/BH-55/D800 l-plate

The wind was RIDICULOUS. Threw a dummy filter in front of my setup to allow for composition and absorption of salt spray before the light got decent. If you ever go to this location, definitely be prepared for at least 20-30 mph winds and salt spray/sand everywhere. Apparently xmas is the time to go in order to get the sunset in the hole in the rock in the left of the photo.

tcdeveau

Here's another from my trip...the milky way over the pacific ocean as seen from Big Sur. Coming from a big city, it's amazing what you can see with no moon and no light pollution. I know it's just "another milky way image" but it really is stunning to see in person and in full resolution.

D800e, 24mm f1.4, ISO 3200, f/3.2, 30 sec

tcdeveau

And here's some more...bay area at sunrise

D800e, 24-70, 45mm, f/8, 3.0 sec, Really Right Stuff TVC-33, BH-55, L-plate...maybe grad filters? 6x17 crop from a single image.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Mount Evans at 14, 000 ft, CO
Nikon D800E/Zeiss 15mm f/2.8

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Really nice Pramote - you may yet convince me to get a D800E and a couple of Zeiss lenses!
;)
Thanks very much Swissblad!
I love the Zeiss wide angle lens. They maximize the IQ of the D800E sensor. I've just acquired the 15mm and it is an outstanding performer.
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.