The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

I agree, great bokeh but what stands out is the processing, the look of the image is amazing!

I also think the portrait above by RYC is fantastic too, I might unlike it so I can like it again!

Mat

M

mjr

Evening!

Going through some Iceland images, here's one that captured the amazing sky and changing weather.

Pylons

Mat

Swissblad

Thanks for the kind "likes" folks.

Once in a while I take some of my old Nikkors for a walk, in this case the 24mm f2.8 with D700.

Have a great WE all.

Last edited:
M

mjr

Evening!

Here's a shot with the 85 f1.8g, I was looking forward to using this lens as the 50 1.8 is a fantastic lens for the money, the 85 I found to be bloody awful! Obviously just the conditions I was using it in but for general shooting in daylight it was harsh and just lacked any character, to my eyes anyway. This was about the only shot I liked from it.

Mat

AlanS

Well I am back shooting again (hardly shoot at all in the summer) and back off my holidays, so have a few to process. Here is the first, D600, Samyang 35mm f1.4 .........

M

mjr

Evening!

Here's a nice little spot, somewhere North of Reykjavik on the way to Westfjords, wouldn't mind living here!

Mat

Pierrard

A few more from my Calgary roadtrip in July (need to work on my turn-over time!)

In the Chilliwack Forest District; this reminded me slightly of Half Dome in Yosemite.
43-image panorama (172MP) with Nikon D90 and 200/4 AIS.
First shot I can print at 40X60" at 300dpi!

Pretty sky over Calgary.
Single image with Nikon D90 and 50/1.8D.

Near the Drumheller Hoodoos.
42-image panorama (153MP) with Nikon D90 and 200/4 AIS.
I'd like to do this one in B&W as well, but I'm not getting exactly what I want for this shot with Photoshop. Incentive to get Silver FX, I suppose.

Last edited:

CNovick

Photograph of a waterfall on the Hudson River - Lake Luzerne, NY

D3200; Sigma 10mm-20mm zoom lens.

Last edited:

Hulyss Bowman

Hulyss

Nice work - how do you process your B&W?

Thanks, S
Hello S !

It is a very underexposed ISO 800 shoot with the D700 @ f1.2. On the original you almost can't see the subject. When I push expo slider by +3 or +4, the grain pop up (I love the grain of this Renesas sensor, pretty unique). Then I switch to monochrome and manage contrasts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.