The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Nice Hulyss, that 50 has a real character.

Here's one in my normal style, I tried to get the wheel tracks to lead in to the barn but not sure they work so well as they aren't all that clear, anyway, here it is...

Mat

Hulyss Bowman

Thanks Mat !

For your shoot, The tracks are ok but don't lead to the barn (not your fault). But, if you can bring this sort of thing with you, you can shoot from a higher point of view, and sometimes it help a lot !

M

mjr

Thanks Hulyss, if I take one of those on a shoot then I'm going to find it difficult not to take a hip flask full of whiskey and spend most of my time sitting rather than taking pictures!

I need to work on my processing and shot selection, the tracks actually do lead to the barn in real life but the combination of shallow depth of field and the low vantage point as you spotted, means they're lost in the foreground. It's only down the road, i'll try again I'm sure!

Cheers

Mat

markhout

On the subject of manual focus.

D800E, 105mm 2.5 AIS at 11. 3 landscape shots stitched. I compared vs. 5.6 and did not see any (additional) diffraction at 11. So I chose DOF.

Mesquite Dunes. GPS info in EXIF.

johnnygoesdigital

John, nice shot. Any plan to be in the boat when she swims the Channel? Those shots would be quite interesting. Many years ago, when we lived in New York, my father befriended a Channel swimmer named Tom Hetzel who swam in the Long Beach pool. That was circa 1969. I was about 8, my father 40. Mr. Hetzel inspired my father to swim his first mile at age 40.

So, if you are ever on the boat during one of the swims, please post photos if you have permission.
I would like to be in the boat, actually, I might get in the water too! Long distance swimmers are a proud community, I hope to document the triple crown of swimming!

rayyan

Nowadays, usually see him in OR scrubs. In and out of the house..got to rush dad!!

But it seems only yesterday that his mother and me were staying awake nights,
looking after him, feeding him, changing his pampers..

He is an M.D, and specializing in pediatric neuro-surgery...

Ayesha looked at me once and asked, how do you feel now. Happy, proud and sad
all at the same time I said. And you, I asked her. The same as you, she replied.

MikalWGrass

Rayyan, great photos. Be proud. How is your little grandson?

I really enjoy looking at your photos and the comments attached to them. As the father of young kids, (12,8,and 6) I sometimes just stare and marvel at them, and wonder what they will do and become. I just hope that their generation can do a better job of ridding themselves of my generation's prejudices.

If you are ever in Miami.....

MikalWGrass

Johnny, take a look at the website the daily news of open water swimming. Also, get in touch with a guy named Evan Morrison who lives in San Francisco. He starred in an indie movie called "Driven" about open water swimming. Triple Crown of Swimming? Don't sell yourself short - shoot for photographing the attempts at the Oceans Seven swims.

Gió Ponti designed this house in Caracas during the 50's. (El Cerrito).
Now is a World Heritage kept by descendants from the original owners.
There is a very low maintenance budget, as you can see is a bit deteriorated.
The image is not retouched.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Speaking about backyards :(

©lick for native size (10.6 Mb)

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4.4

M

mjr

Afternoon!

It's all cold and overcast here today so decided on some long exposure shots, the sky broke a bit and I got lucky.

Have a good weekend all.

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.