The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Here's another, a flat 2 image stitch this time, wide open. Nice light with the sun low illuminating the fog.

RVB

I can appreciated Hulyss' creative take. There is a charcoal quality to the image. However, I prefer your version, Jack. By comparison, there appears to be veiling flair in Hulyss' version. Or, in print terms, the print looks a little underexposed.
good point about the veiling flare Lloyd ,although the low contrast effect does have a nice retro look,as if it was shot with an older lens..

RVB

Yes dear Lloyd thats it ! That is part of what I want in my pictures, I do not like picture who show "reality". This why I'm done with foveon for now, It rammed to much crispness, micro-contrasts and reality in my optical nerves.

I want my picture to not show reality, never, like a memory from the past, something you dreamt last night, haloed. I try to go inside you (well... at a psychological level I mean :))

And I'm not yet satisfied, probably never. Hard to show what we think.

Here is a last contrast tricky one out of this afternoon shoot with my friend :

Totally agree about the foveon sensor,too harsh for portraits... Lovely snap BTW :thumbup:

Hulyss Bowman

Come on Hulyss, finish the washing up and show us the good things!
Yea but sometimes we need a reality check. We all come through some strange periods and our passions are here to vent it sometimes ;) Will do my best (I picked up the DP3 out of the shelf today for next works ;) )

Well, will try to keep up with the great portraits from Hulyss !
D700 / 85mm/ Profoto D1 and 3x4 RFI Softbox.
You doing it well William :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My youngest. A quick headshot taken this morning, D800E with 105DC at f4, DC set to zero, B&W conversion done in C1:

emmawest72

My youngest. A quick headshot taken this morning, D800E with 105DC at f4, DC set to zero, B&W conversion done in C1:

Beautiful portrait Jack.

The only little thing I dont like is the BW conversion as I find her lips to be too bright. Maybe you could mask them or just darken them during bw conversion. What do you think?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful portrait Jack.

The only little thing I dont like is the BW conversion as I find her lips to be too bright. Maybe you could mask them or just darken them during bw conversion. What do you think?
I hear you. First, she always goes understated with make-up, and I've never ever seen her in cherry red LOLOL! I almost asked her to put some on for this shoot, but since it isn't her, I shot it as she had made herself up -- even though I did know up front I was going to B&W with it. I thought about pulling them down about 2 zone values during post, but a the end of the day decided the way it is more true to her, and why I left it the way it is. To be honest though, I spent all of about 118 seconds processing this one out of C1, so perhaps it does warrant some more consideration.

Lloyd

That is a really wonderful image. And I love the B/W conversion.

How are you mounting that lens on the Nikon. It's a Pentax, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.