The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning!

Something completely different, last night I took some photographs at an annual event here in Sweden that I'd never heard of before, Lucia.

Girls compete to be crowned Lucia and lead a procession by candlelight through the town on the 13th December.

I went along to take some shots of the girls, obviously a little tricky by candlelight but came out ok in the end.

I took most shots with the 200 f2 wide open, I'm really growing to like this lens a lot!

After the formal shots were done we had a bit of fun, great to take the girls acting more natural!

And my favourite, I managed to find a fire extinguisher and this was the result! The girls were really cool.

Mat

Last edited by a moderator:

emmawest72

Light testing which turned to a cool portrait.
D700 and 2 x SB800. This was before I got my Profoto D1. The SB's are quite lonely now :)

Have a nice weekend !

Portrait

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

(...) not sure what adds to the banding effect.

John, is the tonal banding effect visibly present already in the RAW file, or does it only show up during post processing ?

How about making the RAW file downloadable for us so that we can take a closer look at it ?

shtarka1

Been away from here way to long! Man..You Guy's Are On Another Level!!! I Mean Wow! Here's A Few To Get My Feet Back Into The Water...:)

D4, 28 D1.4 Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.