The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Evening!

Great light down at the river this morning, the sky ranged from a deep grey to bright orange and pink, it felt like the actual air was coloured!

Anyway, grabbed a quick shot and captured the last cygnet on the river practicing his take-off and landing on the few remaining bits of open water.

BSEH

Back from Himalaya trekking - Mount Everest Base-camp / Danes and Mountains is a odd combo-:) This is Mount Everest and Lhotse. D800 and 70-200 f/4.

Arjuna

BSEH - Your pictures inspired me to find a couple of old pictures from the region: December 1982, Nikon F3, I believe, probably a 105 mm, from Tengboche first, and a 35 mm PC, from Lobuje, second.

BSEH

BSEH - Your pictures inspired me to find a couple of old pictures from the region: December 1982, Nikon F3, I believe, probably a 105 mm, from Tengboche first, and a 35 mm PC, from Lobuje, second.
Thats so funny, same position for the first picture..:) You went by Lukla Airport or trek all way up?

Arjuna

I flew in and out of Lukla - it was still a dirt landing strip then. The day before I left, it snowed, and all the tourists cleared the runway with planks of wood or whatever they could find, as no planes were likely to show up if the runway was covered in snow! It was a long trip, and I had already walked around Annapurna, including the sanctuary. I walked into Namche on Christmas Eve, in a light snow, and it was a Friday, so the Bazaar was the next day!

The second picture was actually from Kala Pattar, not Lobuje/Lobuche. Another picture from Kala Pattar, looking roughly South-East, at Ama Dablam (it had snowed the day before):

BSEH

I flew in and out of Lukla - it was still a dirt landing strip then. The day before I left, it snowed, and all the tourists cleared the runway with planks of wood or whatever they could find, as no planes were likely to show up if the runway was covered in snow! It was a long trip, and I had already walked around Annapurna, including the sanctuary. I walked into Namche on Christmas Eve, in a light snow, and it was a Friday, so the Bazaar was the next day!

The second picture was actually from Kala Pattar, not Lobuje/Lobuche. Another picture from Kala Pattar, looking roughly South-East, at Ama Dablam (it had snowed the day before):
Fantastic story -:) Must have been :bugeyes: to take the old Lukla stripe. Now a day the real thrill is at check in in Kathmandu. And the old suspensionsbridges must have been nerve racking to.

Steve: Really impressive subject but, then again, most impressive captures and particularly PP. All are topnotch, maybe the last one being my favorite, since it shows the "action" really close. Who else would be able to pull level, insider knowledge... :):thumbs:

shtarka1

Steve: Really impressive subject but, then again, most impressive captures and particularly PP. All are topnotch, maybe the last one being my favorite, since it shows the "action" really close. Who else would be able to pull level, insider knowledge... :):thumbs:
Thank you my Friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.