The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon!

Grey and overcast here for a week now but got out yesterday for a few shots.

This is with the 200 f2, really love this lens!

Here's one with the Zeiss 21

I hope everyone is having a good start to 2014!

Mat

M

mjr

Afternoon!

I'm working on a project at the moment and have been scouting locations for the last few days. There's a huge power infrastructure up here in the North of Sweden, loads of hydroelectric power stations and huge power lines dissecting the forest. My brief is to show the power and nature together and these are a couple of practice shots in preparation for the sun returning and some decent light!

Here's one from this morning, heavy fog but I really like the panoramic view and mix of river, trees and power lines.

Pierrard

5-image panorama, shot from the highway between Hope and Salmon Arm, British Columbia, with my newly-acquired Nikon 105/2.5 on D90.
B&W with Silver FX; curves etc with Photoshop CS2.

6-image macro panorama with Nikon 105/2.5 and 26mm extension tube on D90.
Stitched and curves in Photoshop CS2.

Really liking this lens - thanks to those who posted in the "Manual Focus Lenses" for the testimonies and examples!

bensonga

With all the activity over in the Sony group, it's easy to forget that people are still having fun with cameras besides the Sony A7 and A7r....especially here in the Nikon group. ;)

I posted an image of this old boiler over in the Sony A7/7r thread (shot with my A7 and Leica 35-70 Elmarit-R), but it was taken on a heavily overcast day. The day before, I took this photo of the same boiler with my D7100 and 60mm Micro-Nikkor lens.

Different light, different cameras/lenses...same old Cleaver & Brooks boiler.

Personally, I think the D7100 and Micro-Nikkor lens performs pretty well...even when stacked up against the latest new kit from Sony, paired with Leica glass.

Gary

Higher res cropped section of the same image, but not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.