The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Ed, with some of the interior shots so brightly lit, I had assumed there might be some artificial lighting involved instead of overhead bright sunlight. I suppose a lot of the dramatic effect is on heavily overcast days?

Wow, I can't believe I guessed right, that rarely happens. What's the prize...perhaps your DA 25mm 645 lens? LOL!

Interesting thoughts and comparisons of these pics taken with the Nikon vs. the 645D (in the medium format post).

Dave (D&A)

M

mjr

Evening!

I've had a quick recce this afternoon for an upcoming project, wind farms here in the North of Sweden.

No proper images yet as just looking for good locations but grabbed a quick shot on the way back as the sun had set and the sky was a great colour!

Pierrard

A scene I've been working on for a few months:

In Colour:

Nikon D90, 50/1.8 at f/8, 1.6 sec; 12-image panorama.
Curves/adjustments in Photoshop CS2.

In B&W (different day):

Nikon D90, 50/1.8 at f/11, 20 sec + light painting; 8-image panorama.
Curves/adjustments in Photoshop CS2, B&W conversion with Silver FX.

Any suggestions on how to bring out the contrast in the wood without making it look HDR? I can't quite get it right - it lacks the punch the colour version has, in my opinion (but I like the presentation better).

And a grave marker I found intriguing:

Nikon D90, 200/4 AI at f/8, 1/50 sec; 20-image panorama.
Curves/adjustments in Photoshop CS2, B&W conversion with Silver FX (dual-processed: one layer for the gravestone, one for the background).

Status
Not open for further replies.