The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulyss Bowman

Reality is much more compelling than the fantasy we evoke in fashion, glamour and most commercial endeavors.

Life is short...more so than most want to admit. We in the West avoid the normal wonderful transition from adolescence to maturity...rather reflecting on the peak of physicality evolving in pubescence.

Essentially selling ourselves short in the process...most of the consequence of our existence occurs much later in life.

BTW, not a bad selfie....challenges the Colin Powel example from the past.

Side note: I spent a lot of time trying to perfect my LF portrait skills with my (at that time) 5 year old daughter....she to this day avoids the lens like the plague...so perfecting your technique without wearying your
client is not a bad deal.

Great lighting in your portrait.

Regards,

Bob
I agree with you Bob.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
In spite of the above sentiments, the sense of beauty, sensuality, and elegance found in art are
the ideal that we hope represents our true inner nature...

And Hulyss you evoke those attributes in all of your portraits.

Regards,

Bob

M

mjr

Reality is much more compelling than the fantasy we evoke in fashion, glamour and most commercial endeavors.

Life is short...more so than most want to admit. We in the West avoid the normal wonderful transition from adolescence to maturity...rather reflecting on the peak of physicality evolving in pubescence.

Essentially selling ourselves short in the process...most of the consequence of our existence occurs much later in life.

BTW, not a bad selfie....challenges the Colin Powel example from the past.

Side note: I spent a lot of time trying to perfect my LF portrait skills with my (at that time) 5 year old daughter....she to this day avoids the lens like the plague...so perfecting your technique without wearying your
client is not a bad deal.

Great lighting in your portrait.

Regards,

Bob
Thanks for replying Bob, actually I agree and really like seeing images that are a little less glamorous, nothing wrong with a bit of life's experiences reflected.

I also like my little self portrait because it's a pretty good representation, obviously I've processed it to be a little harder than shot but I think that adds to it. I think I look my age and experiences, everyone else thinks I look rough!

I have a few portraits lined up now and they are all of older people, I'm really looking forward to shooting a 90 year old woman next week, she's a real character so I hope I can do her justice!

I'm loving this lighting experiment, I was really trying to afford to have 3 lights and a load of extra stuff but decided in the end to buy the one and work from there, it's enough to handle getting one right! I can also see where you are coming from with your daughter, I'm so enthusiastic about shooting but as I'm currently at my Swedish home, there are not many people about so finding models is a little tricky and hence the selfies, I can't remember being this excited to shoot in many years!

I don't know the Colin Powel image you mention, do you have a link or further details? I'm always looking for inspiration, Hulyss provides plenty on here.

Cheers and enjoy your Sunday.

Mat

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I don't know the Colin Powel image you mention, do you have a link or further details?

Cheers and enjoy your Sunday.

Mat
Mat,

Here is a link:

Colin Powell: Original selfie taker

He really needs to up hip PP if he wants to play! :ROTFL:

It is getting a lot of coverage in this country...or did for a few days.

Look forward to the nonagenarian's portrait if you can share it when it is completed.

Regards,

Bob

Steve P.

Damn, I wish I could figure out how to post images at a decent size, instead of these titchy thumbnails. I am such a computer-klutz!

BlinkingEye

World renown street painting artist Jennifer Nichols Chaparro with her 8" by 8" street painting at the Safety Harbor Chalk Festival 2014. Her shirt said, "Keep Calm and Chalk On."

M

mjr

Evening!

Started a new project recently using an old woodworking bench I bought a while ago. I really like the surface, scars from years of work and splashes of paint, I am putting together old tools and stuff to photograph on it, this is from earlier today after nearly getting a hernia from moving the bloody thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.