The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bildifokus

My new D810 had a little bit of back focus. After a quick trip to Nikon service for adjustment, it now feels like I have focus on my model! :)

Nikon D810 | AF-S 85/1,4G | f1,4 | 1/100s | iso 720

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I had a little encounter with reality last night. Went to a drifting competition, bringing three cameras; a D700, a D2Xs and a GH3. The D2Xs is great for sports photography... when there's light. It's fast, responsive, handles well, colours are fantastic, but anything over ISO 800 turns to mud. The GH3 is actually useable in the dark also, particularly with the little Zuiko 75mm. But the AF... cars move you know. The Panasonic didn't seem to understand that, at least not in the dark. Surprisingly, AF worked well when shooting video, and I got some excellent footage with big children creating noise and smoke around the circuit.

The D700 on the other hand, sees in the dark, focuses well most of the time and gets me the shots I want from an event like this. So, there's still a life for old technology, at least when things are moving in the dark.

D700 with 80-200 AF-S @ 155mm and f/3.2

D700 with 80-200 AF-S @ 105mm and f/2.8

Makes me lust for a D4s...

thedruid

I was shooting the sunset with beach grass in the foreground, used a tele lens shot wide open focusing on the moving grass. D610 / 70-200 VR F4 + 1.4 x @f5.6

Lloyd

Went out the other night hoping to get some shots of the Northern Lights. That didn't work out like I'd hoped, but I did get one shot I was happy with for my trouble.

D3s, 14-24/2.8 @2.8, ISO 2500, 20sec.

M

mjr

Evening.

Had a night of aurora watching last night, great display.

The aurora was strong all night, the sunrise was also pretty amazing.

Magic

After quite some time of absence....South beach Miami early morning last week:

D800 - RAW (DxO) - 24-70/2.8 - 1/160 - f / 8.0

Magic

Miami, Ocean Drive last week....it looks cropped a bit too much on the sides, especially on the left, but there were houses so I had no chance.

Swissblad

Well after years of humming and hawing, and tempted by the recent price drop, I finally went out an bought a Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8.

Taken on this morning's outing.....still taken with the D800.....;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've just spent a couple of days taking photos for an organisation that finances cleft lip operations for children in Southeast Asia. The photos were all of children around 2 years of age who had the first operation around a year ago. Two days of crawling around on the floor with my cameras. Great fun!

D300 with 85mm f/1.8 AF @ f/2.0

Swissblad

Nice gesture, Jorgen, to devote time to such an activity - we're so privileged that CP is not really an issue anymore - if treatment is available.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice gesture, Jorgen, to devote time to such an activity - we're so privileged that CP is not really an issue anymore - if treatment is available.
They do actually pay me, and insist to do so, although a very low rate. The money I receive is helping me raise three children, 2, 4 and 6 years old, that I take care of after their mother dumped them and their father was put in prison.

Surgery is available in government hospitals in this part of the world as well, but the waiting lists are long and not a priority. Late treatment affects the children's ability to learn to speak properly, which again hinders their social development. Many become "outcasts".

Status
Not open for further replies.