The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

I have not taken it for an outing. So cannot give the wonderful vistas being posted here.

And we do not have pets either. And I quit smoking. Makes for a dull and boring home. Just like those that live in it.

Make do with make believe friends...

I do like B&W....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was going to take some photos for a friend today, and just grabbed the camera that was closest to the door of my dry cabinet, the trusty, old D300. While looking for the Tamron 17-50mm, another lens caught my attention: a Sigma 70-300 that came with the D700 I bought last year. It was my intention to sell it, but they go for just 100 bucks second hand, so I haven't bothered so far.

So, I took it with me. Not exactly Otus quality, but the price ain't Otus either :)

D300 with Sigma 70-300 f/4.0-5.6 @ 122mm and f/4.2 (wide open)

rayyan

Continuing my tests around the house in various lighting; I find the Df images SOOC will take some beating.

I might just use this for b&w, and the Fuji for color.:D

85/1.4 D @ f/1.4

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ray, have to agree the Df OOC jpegs are pretty amazing, and even especially in their native color -- it is reminiscent of a Vericolor palette to me, which was a favorite. One thing I reco though is to turn sharpening down 1 or 2 notches -- lest you get a high-contrast-edge halo like the one along your "D" in Dior. On the upside, they only show at the focus plane when using really good glass, but it's an indication to me that N felt this cam would see a lot of older glass mounted on it...

I have shoot setting 2 as a dedicated B&W setting, and then also turn sepia toning on a low level 1 for just a touch of warmth.

Status
Not open for further replies.