The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenC

I'm learning how to use my new studio lights, mix of 2 Einsteins and SB-910, FlexTT5s and Sekonic L-478DR.
I might have made the hair (feather?) light a little hot.

Focus stacked (20 exp) in Zerene. Focus stepping done with ControlMyNikon. D800, 70-200 2.8 @ 200mm, f6.7 (partial crop)

The jpg file looks sharper on my computer than off the web. I'm hosting the file so I'm not sure what happened, must be the browser messing with it.

[/IMG]

Last edited:

raist3d

Glen- that does look pretty sharp indeed. If I may add, I think it would be or make the shot more interesting if there was more intense light from some side than the other. I find it a bit too evenly lit. Also maybe a light behind the object that illuminates it at a 45 degree angle for a rim light around the edge.

GlenC

Glen- that does look pretty sharp indeed. If I may add, I think it would be or make the shot more interesting if there was more intense light from some side than the other. I find it a bit too evenly lit. Also maybe a light behind the object that illuminates it at a 45 degree angle for a rim light around the edge.
Ricardo, I think you're right about having a little less evenness in the lighting. The way my "studio" is set up right now I'm not able to get behind the bird to position a light, but I think I need to redo my work area to a new location with rear access. Thanks for your ideas.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.