The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve P.

All Hallows By The Tower.

D600 with Voigtlander 28mm f2.8 sl ii.

Seen here with the Fenchurch St. 'Walkie-Talkie' building in the background.
I could have done with that Samyang T/S lens here. ;)

emmawest72

Are you happy with the Samyang T/S lens?
Hi Jorgen,

Yes, I really like the lens. Step it down to F 11 and it's sharp. Construction seem very well done. The knobs are a bit small but you get used to it. Tilt and shift also work on independent basis as the Canon 24 TS lens. The only thing that is a bit disturbing is the distortion of the lens. I usually try to shoot a bit of a wider frame so I can crop the sides a bit to minimise the distortion. Price is also very interesting as it's around 750 eur where as the Nikon is close to 2000 eur. I have rented the nikon several times and it's very good but I could not justify the price when I bought my TS lens. Using the lens with a D750 is great as you can flip the screen of the nikon and use live view. Makes it really nice and easy. All of the shots in the link as well as the one I posted above were shot handheld ( I had brought my tripod but had left the base plate at home...duh...) Hope this helps. Cheers!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hi Jorgen,

Yes, I really like the lens. Step it down to F 11 and it's sharp. Construction seem very well done. The knobs are a bit small but you get used to it. Tilt and shift also work on independent basis as the Canon 24 TS lens. The only thing that is a bit disturbing is the distortion of the lens. I usually try to shoot a bit of a wider frame so I can crop the sides a bit to minimise the distortion. Price is also very interesting as it's around 750 eur where as the Nikon is close to 2000 eur. I have rented the nikon several times and it's very good but I could not justify the price when I bought my TS lens. Using the lens with a D750 is great as you can flip the screen of the nikon and use live view. Makes it really nice and easy. All of the shots in the link as well as the one I posted above were shot handheld ( I had brought my tripod but had left the base plate at home...duh...) Hope this helps. Cheers!
Thanks. Very useful info.

JFlesh

First post here, image from the Moab workshop. Df body, 24-120 at 24, 1/8th sec @ f8. Processed in C1. Turret Arch, Moab

Jérôme.E

Three images of my new series "A Biker's World" - from the FaceBike Project, that is all post-processed by now with 120 bikers portraits shot at Moto Clube Faro - Portugal.

Nikon D800 + 50 f/1,8 @ 2,8 - C1 8 & PS CC - Elinchrom Ranger

If you want to have a look at the whole series it is here

Jérôme

Magic

Started reading the manual...:D - and took the new baby to Dubai. Of course, "Dubai3" is HDR and it is simply amazing that get a set of 5 photos in a blink of an eye...

Nikkor 105/2.8

Nikkor 24-70/2.8 at 24mm

Nikkor 14-24/2.8 at 20mm

Greetings, Jurgen

Status
Not open for further replies.