The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The quartet has now become a quintet. The 180mm has been added. $350, a bargain. A grab shot this, not even properly in focus, but who cares anyway :)

D810 with Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 AF @ f/5.6

D

Deleted member 7792

I screwed up. I last used my camera to document a roof leak in our Condo, so it was set to "basic" JPG. Last night at our party for 4th of July, and several glasses of wine, I was too lazy to set up the tripod, and forgot to set the Nikon D800E back to RAW, which I always use. I used a Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC lens at 40mm, ISO 800, 1/25 sec at f5.6 and the second image at f6.3, hand held with lens VC set to "ON". Since I could not correct exposures etc when developing the RAW images, for the first shot shown, I made three copies, then used levels to tame the highlights on one exposure, the second saved image I used levels to open the shadows, and the third saved copy I used as-is. I combined the three images in Photomatix Pro.
Thanks for looking
Dave in Beach Haven, NJ
Dave, your hard work paid off. Good job!! Not a screw-up at all.

Joe

Godfrey

Nikon F6 + 180mm f/2.8 AF ED-IF
Rollei-Agfa Superpan 200

Second roll processed in the Rondinax 35U tank. It sure makes doing film a lot more fun.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.