The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Godfrey,

great to see you (back) shooting all Nikon !!!!

Have fun

Peter
Thanks Peter.

But "shooting all Nikon" is probably a bit of an overstatement. This week past, I shot two packs of Impossible Project B&W Spectra film in a Minolta Instant Pro, put two rolls of film through the Leica M4-2, made a few exposures on each of the M-P and X typ 113, and have loaded the Voigtländer Perkeo II with a fresh roll of film. I made about 40 exposures with the D750, and reloaded the F6.

I'm picking up and making a few photos with the D750 every day because I'm still familiarizing myself with it. Unlike picking up the M-P or X, it has bunches of stuff to figure out before it becomes simple and familiar; I'm taking my time and getting there slowly. I haven't even put all of my lenses on it yet...

It's been a long time since I did a lot of shooting with a modern SLR, and longer than that to when Nikon was my SLR standard (back to 2001 and my very long in the tooth FM2/F3 kit...).

Leica M and Nikon SLR do seem to get along well together, though. Maybe that's why I used them together for so long in the film era. :)

G

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Thanks Peter.

But "shooting all Nikon" is probably a bit of an overstatement. This week past, I shot two packs of Impossible Project B&W Spectra film in a Minolta Instant Pro, put two rolls of film through the Leica M4-2, made a few exposures on each of the M-P and X typ 113, and have loaded the Voigtländer Perkeo II with a fresh roll of film. I made about 40 exposures with the D750, and reloaded the F6.

I'm picking up and making a few photos with the D750 every day because I'm still familiarizing myself with it. Unlike picking up the M-P or X, it has bunches of stuff to figure out before it becomes simple and familiar; I'm taking my time and getting there slowly. I haven't even put all of my lenses on it yet...

It's been a long time since I did a lot of shooting with a modern SLR, and longer than that to when Nikon was my SLR standard (back to 2001 and my very long in the tooth FM2/F3 kit...).

Leica M and Nikon SLR do seem to get along well together, though. Maybe that's why I used them together for so long in the film era. :)

G
I have also the feeling that Nikon and Leica get along pretty well together.

I was shooting Nikon over the past 25 years or so and also if I left for another brand I always came back. Currently I could not be happier than I am with the Df - a really lovely camera - but I sold my D800E as I kind of did not like it. Will wait and see what they come up with in the 40MP area (D850/D900???) and then jump on it, as the D810 seems to have got all I missed in my D800E and I expect the next iteration to do at least the same level .... I have time for this to arrive!

Anyway you will love the D750, tried it several times myself and it is one of their most capable FF DSLRs while also pretty small AND it has a swivel LCD screen, which is a big plus not only for video!

Again please enjoy and keep sharing ....

Peter

Godfrey

I have also the feeling that Nikon and Leica get along pretty well together.

I was shooting Nikon over the past 25 years or so and also if I left for another brand I always came back. Currently I could not be happier than I am with the Df - a really lovely camera - but I sold my D800E as I kind of did not like it. Will wait and see what they come up with in the 40MP area (D850/D900???) and then jump on it, as the D810 seems to have got all I missed in my D800E and I expect the next iteration to do at least the same level .... I have time for this to arrive!

Anyway you will love the D750, tried it several times myself and it is one of their most capable FF DSLRs while also pretty small AND it has a swivel LCD screen, which is a big plus not only for video!

Again please enjoy and keep sharing ....

Peter
Yes, long time Nikonians here. For me over 32 years of Nikons, and now accumulating more time again. ;-)

The D750 is good, it's just complicated and needs time to understand thoroughly. It can do many things that I have little need for at present, but offer future opportunities. I'll have time to study it a lot as I don't intend to change to anything else for some time to come.

G

rayyan

Friends, thank you so very much.:salute:

9 hrs since the last post on this forum..:shocked: Need to keep it moving.

Sept. came and went. October is dragging along. Soon Christmas season shall be upon us.

With it shall come the discounts, the shopping mania. Maybe new camera introductions. The hen's teeth, the cock's *ick, the bee's knees..the one camera to end it all..
And all of us here shall use bandwidth..starting with the videos of unpacking and so forth..

That reminded me of the psychology of crowds..and an image from the archives..

D700/zf 50/2 macro planar/Praha.

MikalWGrass

Rayyan

If you will be in the States for Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) you should stake out a Wal Mart / Target / some other similar store, and watch the frenzy unfold. Too bad you can't be inside the store when the doors open at 5 am, and to photograph the masses as they force themselves through doorways that were made wide enough for only two people at a time. Sort of like stuffing sausage into a casing that is too small. The crowd in Praha will seem tame and sonorous compared to Black Friday here in the states.

rayyan

Steen, thanks.

Mikal, that would make a good project for someone who can get in and wait for the doors to open!!:D:D:D

Take care..both of you.

Rayyan

If you will be in the States for Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) you should stake out a Wal Mart / Target / some other similar store, and watch the frenzy unfold. Too bad you can't be inside the store when the doors open at 5 am, and to photograph the masses as they force themselves through doorways that were made wide enough for only two people at a time. Sort of like stuffing sausage into a casing that is too small. The crowd in Praha will seem tame and sonorous compared to Black Friday here in the states.
:clap::clap:

Godfrey

Nikon D750 + 50mm f/1.8G AF-S
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/250

Some of the Saturday Morning Walk regulars... :)

enjoy, G

markhout

The FDNY is a regular on the annual 8th St block party in Brooklyn - and they are always happy to open up the fire hydrants!

D800E + 180mm AF-D

Status
Not open for further replies.