The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swissblad

A walk down memory lane...... Dolomites.

Nikon D70, kit zoom Nikkor 18-70mm AFS

Would love to go back with a D810....:cool:

Last edited:

Nikon D700 - Nikkor 50mm f/1.4.

Photo of my -92 Porsche, taken at 5 o´clock in the morning when the mist from the ocean is still hanging in the air. The process of taking the photo was to set up a camera and a strobe-light mounted on a long tripod and then take one exposure, move the light source and the repeat the steps 13 times. All exposures are then merged together in Photoshop to process the photo so that the highlights from all exposures are visible.
The whole process is described here: http://photopia.no/teknikk/44-produktfoto-av-bil
Sorry for the text in Norwegian, but I guess you understand by looking at the pictures.

This is a commercial shoot for a historic banquet hall on the island of Palm Beach, Florida.
The building was built in 1926. Now is practically abandoned and is for sale.

ACH

Swissblad

Another walk down memory lane....

Nikon D700, old AF35-105mm zoom

I recall how I loved being able to use my old Nikon lenses on the new D700....;)

chrism

Nice work Chris.

Query - isn't XP2 meant to be developed using the C41 colour process...?

:confused:
Yes, it is, but all C-41 films can be developed in B&W developers, and it seems particularly apposite for a B&W C-41 film. I have developed XP2 in Diafine:

Cartwheel by chrism229, on Flickr

and in Qualls' monobath but the results are a bit grainy:

Balmoral Kirk #2 by chrism229, on Flickr

Expose it at ISO200 and develop semi-stand in Rodinal and you have a very smooth result:

Dan by chrism229, on Flickr

ISO400 in HC-110 1+49 is just as smooth, but a bit contrasty:

Pippa 2015 #28 by chrism229, on Flickr

At the end of it all, I simply don't want to expend my C-41 chemicals when I don't have to do so, and finding quick and simple B&W developer recipes for XP2 saves those chemicals for colour films.

Chris

Mr.Gale

I just returned from my first visit to the Adirondacks. I wish I had been there a week later as the fall color was starting to look good when it was time to come home.

Mr.Gale

I discovered this old barn not too far from where we were staying in the Adirondacks. It has lots of character and I could have spent hours trying to capture it. This trip was with my wife and a family friend so my time was limited. This was a reminder of why when I go on photo trips (this was not one) I go by myself or another photographer(s).

Mr.Gale

GlenC

Thanks for the 'likes' on the last ones. These are from a log house I shot last week. I used a flash here, just to light some of the foreground items, but mostly hdr to lighten the shadows. D800, Nikon 18-35G, SB-910

Glen

getdpi_01.jpg

getdpi_02.jpg

getdpi_03.jpg

getdpi_04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.