The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlinkingEye

The rare and endangered Snail Kite, yesterday on Lake Okeechobee, Florida.

There are only about 1,000 of these birds in the wild so the opportunity to see a few yesterday was a treat.

This specimen is a female right after liftoff with her Apple Snail. The water depth is about 4 inches (12 cm) and they snag the snails in one smooth sweep of the talons.

The Nikkor 200-500mm.

Last edited:

BlinkingEye

Here is another three that worked out. Just to prove the shot above wasn't a fluke. LOL!

A different female flies by looking and looking.

I never show a "butt shot" however this time I will make an exception. Go full screen if you can...water falling off the snail and water spray in the air.

Yet a different female.

Last edited:

stngoldberg

I visited the Agrarian area of southern Florida this morning and took some images.lots of signs supporting Donald Trump
Stanley

Last edited:

jlancasterd

'Quarry Hunslet' Hugh Napier engaged in a private charter 'slate shunt' in Minffordd Yard, Ffestiniog Railway, this lunchtime.

D5, Nikkor 24-120 f4 at f8 and 1/500. ISO 250. Shot in RAW processed in Lightroom.

Hugh Napier at Minff 9-4.jpg

jsf

It's more fun in The Philippines :D

D810 with 200-500 f/5.6 @ 200mm and f/5.6

The 200-500 is a nice lens isn't it? Hand holdable to an extent. I like it on a lightweight tripod. Easy to carry about and fast to use. It is as sharp as many of my primes. What are your thoughts on it?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The 200-500 is a nice lens isn't it? Hand holdable to an extent. I like it on a lightweight tripod. Easy to carry about and fast to use. It is as sharp as many of my primes. What are your thoughts on it?
It's very sharp and the VR is extremely efficient. I took around 5,000 photos with mine, all of the hand held, all of them sharp. It's also very well corrected for CA and other aberrations. However, it delivers images with little depth and contrast. It works best for distant subjects. Also, the build quality makes it problematic for harsh environments and physical abuse. I'm not sure that I would take it to the race course. To much physical contact with fences, the tarmac and other photographers. It's still a great lens though, and stupid cheap for the quality it delivers. I sold mine though, since at the moment, I can't afford to have gear that isn't used more or less on a daily basis. I might buy another one if I need it later, but will probably buy the 300mm PF first.

Status
Not open for further replies.