The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I found a red overground movement infiltrating the bird dome at the open zoo. The 24-120mm is no macro, and the 6 year old trampled into the scene seconds after this shot was taken. Fascinating little buggers though :)

D700 with 24-120mm f/4 @ 120mm and f/8

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

church of Rotonda, originally built in the 6th Century
extended in the 10th Century
my wife and I share a passion for old buildings .-)

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 800 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 800 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/10 sec. at f/8 ISO 800 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

in the monastery

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/25 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 5 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/800 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/80 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/500 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

ChrisLivsey

Shot at 1/200th f11 under those little halogens how ridiculous is that!!
Matrix meter A priority auto white balance untouched in post

D500 with humble 24mm f2.8D Nikkor
@ 51,200 with some noise reduction and a little sharpening in NX-D with which I am no expert.
If my bumbling along gets this what's a good shooter going to get?
I was shooting in camera B/W jpeg which when I chimped made me double check the iso it couldn't be that good.

Exif and full file on Flickr:https://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/26193994573/

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Catching up on the tens of thousands of unedited photos in my archives. This one from a couple of months ago, Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque in Muscat.

D810 with 24-120mm f/4 @ 85mm and f/7.1

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Beautiful image. Was this in Hawaii? Can you tell us a little bit more about it?

Thanks very much for your kind words Cerett!
Sorry! I didn't come here for a while.
Yes, It's in the Hawaii Volcano Nat'l Park, Big Island.
You need to go to Hilo, buy the ticket for the group tour.
To be able to go to this point, you have to hike through private lands, therefore, you cannot go alone. It is trespassing.
It's been a few years and I can't remember how much it costed. However, I remember the price was very reasonable.
YOU HAVE TO GO!!! Put on the list before you die :)

Pramote

Last edited:

rayyan

Street photography? Means different things to different people. I wanted to do street photography. I mean like..photography with a vengeance.

As anyone new would do, in a new place...I gave a street name. Like a number and junction of Nth and Yth.

The cab dropped me off...well here!

I shouted after him. The only words I remembered..from a film way back when...

Quo Vadis? I screamed. He gesticulated something very rude with his fingers; without looking back. How unfortunate! No manners, wot!!

Like I said, ' street ' can mean different things to different people.

rayyan

Hi Steen, dwood. Thanks guys.:salute:

Seriously though, I parked myself at a street corner. Being an optimist, come rush hour I thought there would be a lot of pedestrians. Filling the street. Maybe, just maybe...some would come swimming
in proper swim wear. Yea! Street photography, I thought. Fun, fun, fun.

But I am still waiting for the rush hour on this street corner :cry:

rayyan

Thanks Thorkil, Jack, Jorgen, Routlaw..your encouragement is so very much appreciated. :salute:

Thorkil, nowadays my travels are restricted. Just cannot make long journeys. This was taken some years back.

Kindest regards to all of you.

Let the mental state of Venice fill your mind Rayyan and enjoy every breath you take there
thorkil
- - - Updated - - -

The spirit is willing, the camera is more than capable..but the flesh has gone weaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.