The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swissblad

First time posting. This is a Milky Way panoramic with Broken Arch in the foreground captured with a D810 and 14-24 f2.8 lens at 14 mm. Artificial light was used to illuminate the arch. My exposure was 30 seconds at f 2.8 and ISO 3200. Close inspection will reveal slight trailing in the stars. Twelve images were used for this panoramic.

Steve
Welcome on board - stunning image!

Look forward to seeing more.......:thumbup:

Swissblad

Fun using.... Photoshop CC's new content aware crop tool.....to extend a canvas cropped too tightly in camera - a hangover from film days!

Before.....

after.....

Quite nifty in certain situations.... :thumbup:

Cheers, S ;)

rayyan

Douglas, Jorgen, Swissblad, Pegelli, Hulyss...:salute:

I have asked my friend Rayyan to convey this message to you good folks. News has reached us that some people are very ill-informed on the state of photography where we live. This must be based on ignorance.

But first, let me introduce myself and my friends and family. I am the one staring at you from the right. Yes, that's me.

And here is where we live...

Bro, it gets hot..and I mean real heat, not some 40C. That is a walk in our parks. And in winters...it is cold. I mean Brr. Maybe not like in the Hague. But -20C, and we shrug it off.

So we have asked Rayyan to visit us and get some snaps. The good friend that he is, he set off to come and meet us.

He loaded up with gallons of water, and spare tires and what not. Just to come and meet us. Had 2 Nikons with him. Told us later, one of them got a heatstroke!!

rayyan

Hello there Lloyd. Nice to see you here after a long time. Hope all goes well with you and family.

We cross the desert..like a part of the Empty Quarter..

And pitch our tents after a few days of driving, to watch the sunset. Rest a while. And then head home, up north-east...

rayyan

While back in Europe it is about 1830 hrs. in Prague.

And in the backstreets of Oslo, a lonely figure heads home...

Like I said, have camera, will travel;)

Lloyd

Hello there Lloyd. Nice to see you here after a long time. Hope all goes well with you and family.
Thank you Rayyan. I wish I had some photos to share, haven't been shooting much. But I enjoy and appreciated yours and the others here.

Best to you and yours my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.