The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Back to historic racing.
Well, this one I’m very very familiar with. A Norton 750 ccm Commando engine installed rigid in the magic Norton Featherbed slimline frame. But as everybody’s sharp eye allready have noticed, it’s a 850 crankshaft housing together with 850 ccm cast iron barrels (I installed, after rebalancing the crankshaft by hand, a 850 Commando MkII engine, in an original Norton Manx wideline featherbed racing-frame…Reynolds chrome molybdenum 951 tubes..you know..by the time I as a youngster wanted to be a motorcycle mechanic, but life went in another direction – now it unfortunately just is standing still and rusty in my garage, shame on me).
The lady in the picture came in as number 7 in the last race she took part in. That’s an achievement I think!

Nikon D700 24-120/4G VR iso720 1/400 f4

thorkil

JohnBrew

From the San Juan Islands, WA. Shot on 8-8-16 (as the Delta debacle conspired against me!)
D810, 70-200 f4 @ 200mm, f8.

Last edited:

JohnBrew

Hate to be so boring with these Orca images, but here is one more... Awkward position of the whale - it just wouldn't cooperate for this shot.

Swissblad

Another one from our trip up North.....

Midnight sun at the Nordkap - awe inspiring - and magical.

Have a great WE, folks.

:thumbs:

Thorkil

Hi Swissblad, please post in larger scale, while your pictues are that awesome, they deserve a larger size.
best Thorkil

Thorkil

Mathilde Bridge
Rehearsal: the bridge on which the unfaithfully Queen Caroline Mathilde were meeting her lover Struense around 1770, before he 2 years later got his head chopped off (he also insisted in democratic changes, which wasn’t that popular in the nobility-circles, so off it goes..).
But now it is time for changing the old Oak timber construction, apart from the old oak under water which easily could go for another 100 years or more.
Rebuilding in the old fashion way.

Nikon D700 24-120/4 VR iso900 1/500 f9 65mm C1

thorkil

rayyan

For the youngsters amongst us :grin:

Lyrics from the " West Side Story "..a classic if ever there was one!!

" I like to be in America!
O.K. by me in America!
Ev'rything free in America
For a small fee in America! "

rayyan

Swissblad, Peter, Steen....:salute:

There is a statue of a lady. There is a plaque mounted on the pedestal on which stands the lady.

On the plaque is inscribed a sonnet, named the " New Colossus ". A very famous sonnet. A part of American History. A message of hope, of freedom, liberty and values cherished. It is a message to the world.

It reads:

"
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

"

The lady's hand holds a flame. Strong winds have tried to extinguish the flame in the past. But it has shone brightly. No winds, no storms have been able to put out the flame. Whenever, and if , the flame burns out; the world shall go dark. I honestly believe that.

You see, the lady and the flame are the flames of hope for the future of our world.

rayyan

Thanks John. Much appreciated :salute:

Back to the " West Side Story ". For no reason except that the tunes came to me; from the past!!

"
Immigrant goes to America,
Many hellos in America;
Nobody knows in America
Puerto Rico's in America!

"

p.s. apologies if I have previously posted a similar one..memory fail!

Mr.Gale

I just returned from a three week safari in east Africa. I took almost 4K photos and I've been spending the last day or so sorting through them. The animal I found most interesting were the cats, her are a few, more later.
Comments are welcome.

Mr.Gale

Status
Not open for further replies.