The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisLivsey

D500 with the ever so humble 18-105 plastic fantastic zoom, family holiday single lens choice, f7.1 seems sharp enough without provoking diffraction I have found.
Still loving this new tool but that Snapbridge toy is just that, a toy.

Walled Garden Glasshouse Clumber Park Nottinghamshire UK
The central section, full length is 450ft. The house behind is that of the head gardner, now a cafe.

Cedar Avenue leading to the walled garden accessed by an iron gate not a solid one allowing colder air and moisture to move out of the garden avoiding the creation of frost pockets which could damage tender plants or reduce the growing season.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

a landscape in West Jutland

© • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/4000 sec. at f/8 ISO 800 • Capture NX-D

gurtch

I had an opportunity to be a passenger on a friend's boat to follow and photograph a majestic sail boat referred to here in southern NJ as "A Cat" boats.
Thanks for looking. Nikon D800E and 24~70mm f2.8 VC Tamron
D721 framed.jpgD718 framed.jpgD719 framed.jpgD720 framed.jpg

ChrisLivsey

D500 18-105 B/W conversion I have several pre-sets that can be tweaked with minimal extra work.
Clumber Park: The lake was created by damming the River Poulter and excavating the river bed and was further enlarged and extended in 1817 and 1885 until it covered 87 acres and was almost two miles long.

When in 1938 the main Hall was demolished the garden was left untouched.

Our Sherwood Forest cabin

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I had an opportunity to be a passenger on a friend's boat to follow and photograph a majestic sail boat referred to here in southern NJ as "A Cat" boats.
Beautiful photos of the classic catboat. For those not familiar with the term, a catboat is a sailboat with no foresail, only mainsail. I used to sail a modern catboat myself for many years, the Freedom 21, designed by Garry Hoyt in Rhode Island.

gurtch

Beautiful photos of the classic catboat. For those not familiar with the term, a catboat is a sailboat with no foresail, only mainsail. I used to sail a modern catboat myself for many years, the Freedom 21, designed by Garry Hoyt in Rhode Island.
Thank you Jorgen for the explanation. I am a real novice when it comes to sailing. The old timers here on Long Beach Island NJ have said they were developed to bring people, building materials, and provisions from the main land to the island here, across the bay, before there was a railroad bridge/causeway, and later an automobile causeway. I was told they were very wide and stable, and perfectly suited to the purpose.
Best regards, and thanks again
Dave
LBI, NJ

k-hawinkler

Sony A7r2 + TECHART PRO (TAP) LM-EA7 autofocus adapter + Leicaist Nik-L/M adapter + 28/1.4 D AF NIKKOR.
With Firmware Version 4, the TAP focuses as fast or faster on the A7r2 than my D800E.
Also, focus on the TAP is precise. And of course, the A7r2 provides IBIS.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

same scene
slightly differing composition

© • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/3200 sec. at f/8 ISO 800 • Capture One Pro

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Jorgen for the explanation. I am a real novice when it comes to sailing. The old timers here on Long Beach Island NJ have said they were developed to bring people, building materials, and provisions from the main land to the island here, across the bay, before there was a railroad bridge/causeway, and later an automobile causeway. I was told they were very wide and stable, and perfectly suited to the purpose.
Best regards, and thanks again
Dave
LBI, NJ
Quite right, they are wide and stable, mostly with relatively flat bottoms and often with a lifting keel, enabling them to navigate very shallow waters or be beached when needed. The lack of a foresail makes them easy to handle and fast to tack for a single-handed crew, although they can't sail as close to the wind as a conventional sailboat with a foresail, so they need more tacks to get to the destination when sailing upwind. This is particularly problematic when sailing upstream and upwind on rivers. Still, they have been very common on large rivers like Hudson River. Downwind they are faster than anything under sail, since it's easy to expose the entire area of the large mainsail squarely to the wind, resulting in some great surfing and wild rides up and down the waves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.