The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrew

Famed Folly Beach tree lost to Hurricane Matthew. When I first noticed this tree it was 150 ft. from the beach and buried among the dunes (16 years ago!). Over the years the tides and storms have removed many tons of sand from our little island, especially on the west end. It has been photographed by many in it's various stages of being in or out of the ocean. I feel this image is one of the most representative. D700, 35 1.4G stitched.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/100 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D • 30C_5388

markhout

Just to sing the praise of my newly acquired used 50mm 1.2. AIS.

The bokeh wide open makes an interesting mood - doesn't always work for me with foliage. Flaring is present but manageable. 2.0 is already nicely sharp in center. At 5.6 handheld I can read the China Daily newspaper article text on the left edge...

Also, I like the warm rendering and somewhat softer (or different) contrast - much different from my Sigmas and my 50mm 1.8G AF-S...

On a D800E.

1.2:

2.0:

5.6:

Swissblad

Lovely set of images, Douglas!

Locally - the trees are ablaze......

Nikon D500, Nikkor 70-200mm f4.0

Have a great WE folks.

:thumbs:

M

mjr

Morning!

I'm really crap at wildlife stuff, I don't really see small birds and animals, I am not in tune with it! Anyway, picked up a D500 with the 300mm and a teleconverter just to see what it was like and first go out found some nice little Waxwings, quite like this as it's not my thing.

Also been playing more with the D810, clear skies here so wanted to try some Milky Way shots but aurora keeps getting in the way! Definitely need some more practice.

JohnBrew

Just received my D810 from Nikon Service. Invoice read: replaced bayonet mount, replaced focus module and viewfinder (!). So I went out this afternoon for some long exposure tests. Out of five shots only one achieved critical focus. I'll have to do some checks tomorrow with my other lenses. Morris Island lighthouse. The signs at 100% are perfectly readable. 300 f4, f11 @ 320 seconds

Swissblad

Sorry to hear of your problems, John.

Did you compare live view with the OVF?

Else it seems you will need some readjustment.

:shocked:

JohnBrew

Sorry to hear of your problems, John.

Did you compare live view with the OVF?

Else it seems you will need some readjustment.

:shocked:
Thanks, yes I did do a comparison and it seemed okay, but quite possibly the only one I compared may have been the one I posted. I have my afternoon project!

Anyway, quite happy to have my camera back. They had it almost a month. I now notice some spots on the sensor, service said a CLA was carried out!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John,

It may be as simple as recalibrating all of your lens AF fine tunes...

I had to do this after a return to Nikon service once. Checked my first lens, and it was now off +4 points, so then simply moved all my lenses down or -4 from where they were, and done.

FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.