The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I always wanted to post in the Nikon Images Forum :ROTFL:

Lagavulin 16 (pictured previously) was my favorite for years. Highland Park 12 is a nice intro to smoky/peaty single malts. Laphroig 10 more of a kick in the face. (Talisker is even worse!) I always found the Macallan's boring, 12, 18, 25... meh.

Springbank Cask Strength (watch out, 120 proof) was superb, but Dahlmore 30 (from Stillman's Dram) was the best I've ever tasted - I'd kill to find a bottle of that again. Tasted some Tullibardine that was wonderful, but have no idea where to get it.

Sacrilege, but I'm now happy with Johnny Walker Black.

Best,

Matt

M

mjr

It's a sad day in my house if there isn't at least 1 bottle of Ardbeg on the shelf, proper whisky, peaty, smoky and amazing!

Thorkil

Thorkil Odinson,

Forget about Scotches, overrated imho, like French wines. Go kentuky, go Bourbon, go Blanton.
Blantons single barrel is excellent. So is Woodford Reserve. So is Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit. And of course there is Pappy Van Winkle if you can afford it :shocked:

Woodford Reserve is my goto bourbon, like Glenlivet 15 is my goto scotch.
Thanks Hulyss (my second-name is in that region but not Odin..) and Jack
Well Hulyss, as to avoid more complications in life (photografing and some few more things, work etc., are sufficient for the time being) I will, just for now, stick to Jacks simple advice. So when I have sold my unused M-E to a man flying in from Norway to get it, I'll go to Foto-C just around the corner of Nyhavn, I will, after trying the Fuji X-T2 out (hope I'll like it), ask all the way up and down Nyhavn for a Glenfiddich 15, for a starter...
If I survive I'll place a small notice...
Thorkil

Thorkil

I always wanted to post in the Nikon Images Forum :ROTFL:

Lagavulin 16 (pictured previously) was my favorite for years. Highland Park 12 is a nice intro to smoky/peaty single malts. Laphroig 10 more of a kick in the face. (Talisker is even worse!) I always found the Macallan's boring, 12, 18, 25... meh.

Springbank Cask Strength (watch out, 120 proof) was superb, but Dahlmore 30 (from Stillman's Dram) was the best I've ever tasted - I'd kill to find a bottle of that again. Tasted some Tullibardine that was wonderful, but have no idea where to get it.

Sacrilege, but I'm now happy with Johnny Walker Black.

Best,

Matt

...a used D700 could do it...:D without killing :rolleyes:
thorkil

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
no Fun with Flu

He poured a healthy amount of that whisky up for me …
I took it down in one stroke ...
In that same second I realized I was out in the dark ...
And later on they were divorced ...
:shocked: what a terrible story .-)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lagavulin is in my view the easiest introduction to island whiskies, or Talisker Dark Storm, but the latter is so sugary that it borders to blasphemy. It does taste good though. As opposed to most of the island whiskies which origin from Islay, Talisker i produced at Isle of Skye, and I do think they have a different character.

Since stories have been told, here's mine:

I was sitting at a hotel bar in London, a very British little hotel, with a friend of mine many lives ago. We were both relatively young at the time, younger than now anyway. He was having a Chivas Regal "on the rocks" and I was having a glass of Laphroaig 10, my favourite at the time. Upon ordering the second drink, he asked me what I was drinking, so I told him, and he ordered a Laphroaig too. After the first sip, I could see from his facial expression that a terrible disaster had struck him, and I considered calling his wife to offer my condolences.

He did recover though, and finished the drink. Then he went on to order another Chivas. It was when he again started to consume what had been his favourite whisky that he turned to med and asked "what was the name of that whisky again?". He never finished the Chivas.

:chug:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Steeldrivers – Drinkin' Dark Whiskey Lyrics

Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies
One leads to another
On a Saturday night

Don't you cross your heart
Unless you hope to die
Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies

First shot burns
But the second one goes down smooth
Then that old black label gets a hold of you
It'll loosen your tongue
But it don't ever tell the truth

Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies
One leads to another
On a Saturday night

Unless you hope to die
Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies

When the bottles talking
Be careful what he might say
It talks in the dark
Like it never would in the day
Then he gets in trouble
Just as soon as he gets his way

Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies
One leads to another
On a Saturday night

Unless you hope to die
Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies

Little white lie
Don't mean anyone no good
When it's making the rounds
All over the neighborhood
Next thing ya know
We're all misunderstood

Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies
One leads to another
On a Saturday night

Unless you hope to die
Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies
Drinking dark whiskey
Telling white lies

More truth to this than most of us are willing to admit.....

Buy a single malt ... it will be there for a number of weeks ... or months ... one of those French wines ... gone before the clock stikes nine ....

Just sayin ....

Bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the Polaroid version...
Actually, that's a black Mamiya "Universal" which is really rare -- the Universal had a tilt/swing back. The Polaroid versions said Polaroid on them, though of course were made by Mamiya for Polaroid. And of course the Polaroid "Land" back would fit on the Mamiya.

Regardless, very cool to see it still in use!

Status
Not open for further replies.